• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aliexpress appreciation thread

spigot

I bought a power supply board for a 10 year old projector, one vendor even had quite a few, zero chance of getting it anywhere else. Looked new, has worked flawlessly. I also buy Ugreen USB + audio cables from their store on Aliexpress, with regular sales they're sometimes half the price you see them go for on Amazon or eBay. Plus a load of cheap electronic related knick-knacks. A lot of audio equipment I've seen also seems to have free returns.

AlainD

My experience with AliExpress is that they don't pay the supplier(the store within AliExpress) if you are not satisfied (e.g. bad descriptions, products or parts not eating advertised specs, and an item not received). AliExpress reimburses you with no issues. AliExpress will protect you and its reputation over any supplier stores.

Bleib

Major Contributor
"Express" in this case means that this is a B2C marketplace, in contrast to Alibaba's original B2B marketplace. It's not about speed ;)

That said, when buying on AliExpress, you should be aware what are you dealing with. There are decent sellers (last month I bought a pair of Moondrop Blessing 3s as a 11.11 treat for myself with a significant discount, and the seller sent them with FedEx for free, and it arrived directly at my apartment in a week or so), and there are less decent. The same goes for Amazon, which is increasingly becoming more similar to AliExpress. I have an experience of receiving used apparel items advertised as new when I ordered on Amazon (that were being sold by Amazon themselves). So there are certain risks when dealing with such marketplaces, especially when ordering internationally, and these risks are pretty much the same regardless of where you buy from.
Well, it did say in the order that it was supposed to be fast shipping due to buying for X amount, so faster than normal. Still wasn't fast.
1705608962021.png

unpluggged

Well, it did say in the order that it was supposed to be fast shipping due to buying for X amount, so faster than normal. Still wasn't fast.
View attachment 342929
Standard lead times in container shipping are 6−8 weeks, and AliExpress ships by air, so it's indeed fast ;)

Bleib

Major Contributor
Standard lead times in container shipping are 6−8 weeks, and AliExpress ships by air, so it's indeed fast ;)
Nah. Hifigo, shenzenaudio, hifiexpress, hificat all who ship from China have been faster. Temu too.

zonk

My experience with AliExpress is that they don't pay the supplier(the store within AliExpress) if you are not satisfied (e.g. bad descriptions, products or parts not eating advertised specs, and an item not received). AliExpress reimburses you with no issues. AliExpress will protect you and its reputation over any supplier stores.

I cannot agree. In my case the order was not delivered to me but the money was payed to the supplier store, because they didn't believe me that I didn't receive the order. The tracking number to that order was not anything valid. There are tools for international tracking that showed "unknown tracking" number, but Aliexpress was still calling me a cheater.

Neither the store nor Aliexpress could give me a valid tracking number that shows the delivery. The support of Aliexpress didn't even understand or was not willing to understand what is a valid tracking number.

I informed paypal about that case and I got my money back, beause it was obvious that no delivery has taken place. I would never buy something above 20 bucks.

And Aliexpress is checking the location of customer and adjust the prices accordingly. I only order there if it's nowhere else available. And many times the articles are of minor quality.

That something goes wrong is not the rule. I made approx. 18 orders without any problems, most of them were parts for making DIY cables.

Last edited:

wunderkind

I would say for the most part I have positive experience buying from Aliexpress. Shipping is now faster than years ago when an item would arrive at my home but I have totally forgotten about it! :rolleyes:
It's my first stop for chi-fi. However I do a quick compare with Amzn and will prefer that over Ali unless the price is much cheaper.

For returns, if you generally meet the duration and provided evidence, you'd be reimbursed. Many times you get to keep the item too.

Top Bottom