• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any information available about the Elipson A2700?

Hi All, I am curious if anyone has additional information about the Elipson A2700 class D amp (other than what is available on their website)? I am very curious which modules were used? Also, I not completely sure if they are currently available? Any information is appreciated, thanks in advance.

nekky

Also very curious about this amp - any other feedback? An English review channel, Hi-Fi Riff, gave it a pretty glowing review. Other than that, virtually no coverage. Local dealer says it is very good but it an expensive propsition at over $4k CAD.

nekky

I have to report back to let everyone know how impressed with the A2700 I am - I bought it, and its partner, the Elipson P1 preamp (sans DAC + phono card). Originally I had it paired with a LAB12 Pre1, and some music sounded great but other stuff didn’t… the dealer insisted I try the P1 alongside it. I left the shop with the P1 as a demo, not very excited at all to try it after work.

I installed it via XLR and then from P1 to A2700 via 18” RCA cables. I cannot describe accurately how big of a difference this Elipson combo has made to my speakers, other than to say that I am extremely happy with everything about it other than a few small things relating to the functions of the preamp and some minor design choices on the A2700. I really like that this combo is understated and under the radar, but I would be doing everyone a disservice by not saying how pleased I am. I bought this stuff purely because it sounds *so damn good*. It has increased the soundstage, clarity, speed, detail, and of course the bass as with most modern Class D from my understanding. When I say increased soundstage, I mean it is bigger and better, with more information than even the full tube pre/power combo I also own. I also have a modern (think Series 2 just released..) 350+wpc Class A/B integrated amp that this class D combo bests in pretty much every way that is important to me. I run a Gustard U18/R26 combo as the front end.

The match between my Monitor Audio Gold 300 and Elipson’s pre/power combo is simply wonderful and I can’t imagine many not saying it sounds proper. I don’t find the system bright or anything of the sort, it is improved in every way, there is tons of detail, great dynamics; its all there. I have had four amps now and this has convinced me the speakers are very revealing of the quality of electronics in the chain. I can very easily hear every equipment change. I’m not going into cables or anything other than to say that I believe that maybe thicker, well designed speaker cables are better than some others…?

If anyone is at all curious about high end Class D, I would really appreciate a comparison against something like the new NCx500. To my knowledge, the Elipson unit is Pascal-based, not unlike the incredible amps from Aavik. Whatever their make up is (I have not cracked either unit open yet but maybe I will one day), Elipson has - to my ears - a bit of a hidden gem here, albeit an expensive one at ~$5k USD for the combo. Unlike some other stuff I’ve had, this actually sounds like $5k, whatever that means lol.

Hope I haven’t rubbed anyone the wrong way. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
A
I have to report back to let everyone know how impressed with the A2700 I am - I bought it, and its partner, the Elipson P1 preamp (sans DAC + phono card). Originally I had it paired with a LAB12 Pre1, and some music sounded great but other stuff didn’t… the dealer insisted I try the P1 alongside it. I left the shop with the P1 as a demo, not very excited at all to try it after work.

I installed it via XLR and then from P1 to A2700 via 18” RCA cables. I cannot describe accurately how big of a difference this Elipson combo has made to my speakers, other than to say that I am extremely happy with everything about it other than a few small things relating to the functions of the preamp and some minor design choices on the A2700. I really like that this combo is understated and under the radar, but I would be doing everyone a disservice by not saying how pleased I am. I bought this stuff purely because it sounds *so damn good*. It has increased the soundstage, clarity, speed, detail, and of course the bass as with most modern Class D from my understanding. When I say increased soundstage, I mean it is bigger and better, with more information than even the full tube pre/power combo I also own. I also have a modern (think Series 2 just released..) 350+wpc Class A/B integrated amp that this class D combo bests in pretty much every way that is important to me. I run a Gustard U18/R26 combo as the front end.

The match between my Monitor Audio Gold 300 and Elipson’s pre/power combo is simply wonderful and I can’t imagine many not saying it sounds proper. I don’t find the system bright or anything of the sort, it is improved in every way, there is tons of detail, great dynamics; its all there. I have had four amps now and this has convinced me the speakers are very revealing of the quality of electronics in the chain. I can very easily hear every equipment change. I’m not going into cables or anything other than to say that I believe that maybe thicker, well designed speaker cables are better than some others…?

If anyone is at all curious about high end Class D, I would really appreciate a comparison against something like the new NCx500. To my knowledge, the Elipson unit is Pascal-based, not unlike the incredible amps from Aavik. Whatever their make up is (I have not cracked either unit open yet but maybe I will one day), Elipson has - to my ears - a bit of a hidden gem here, albeit an expensive one at ~$5k USD for the combo. Unlike some other stuff I’ve had, this actually sounds like $5k, whatever that means lol.

Hope I haven’t rubbed anyone the wrong way. Thanks.
Thanks for your detailed feedback! I’m very curious about the electronics inside the A2700. It would be great if you could take off the cover and take photos of the various modules. Thanks in advance.

nekky

Thanks for your detailed feedback! I’m very curious about the electronics inside the A2700. It would be great if you could take off the cover and take photos of the various modules. Thanks in advance.
Yeah I will once my other equipment sells and I have a bit of time. The rack is a bit crowded atm. Can’t speak highly enough of this Elipson gear. And for what it’s worth, the pre/power sounds better on my MA Gold 300 than Elipson’s own Legacy 3220. At least to me, albeit in a different room. The MAs have a bit more bite and overall, I prefer virtually every characteristic, but the Legacy’s are super smooth and really nicely built. A great speaker regardless and some might prefer it.

Top Bottom