• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree Carina 300

I am curious about this amp as it seems that Peachrree is continuously moving forward from good amps to even better amps. Adding features and revising upward. Sure, prices may not be for everybody, but setting that aside, are there any informed opinions amongst the members here about this particular model (Carina 300)?

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I am curious about this amp as it seems that Peachrree is continuously moving forward from good amps to even better amps. Adding features and revising upward. Sure, prices may not be for everybody, but setting that aside, are there any informed opinions amongst the members here about this particular model (Carina 300)?
The Peachtree 'Carina' (no 300) integrated amplifier is similar to the '300' but has no analog input. I have been using the 'Carina' since late May 2023. It shut down once - for unknown reasons - and automatically restarted itself. Otherwise no other problems. I use Dirac Live and moved from a (still working) Topping PA5 to provide more power when Dirac Live is enabled. I looked at Amir's review of the Peachtree Audio Nova 300 and decided the implementation of a newer generation ESS DAC and Hypex NC502MP amplification in the 'Carina' would likely yield better measured performance that would be sufficient for my ears.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Interesting. Hopefully this one lives up to expectations and specifications.

OP
M
The Peachtree 'Carina' (no 300) integrated amplifier is similar to the '300' but has no analog input. I have been using the 'Carina' since late May 2023. It shut down once - for unknown reasons - and automatically restarted itself. Otherwise no other problems. I use Dirac Live and moved from a (still working) Topping PA5 to provide more power when Dirac Live is enabled. I looked at Amir's review of the Peachtree Audio Nova 300 and decided the implementation of a newer generation ESS DAC and Hypex NC502MP amplification in the 'Carina' would likely yield better measured performance that would be sufficient for my ears.
Thank you for this feedback. Nearly ready to pull the pin.

Top Bottom