• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another Opinion on Why Vinyl is Better.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
NO, I come to believe your just here to bust chops.

Fortunately, this is not the only thread on this board. It's not as if we don't have other options than to read about Bob pleasuring himself... :) (And I mean that in the best possible taste, as Kenny Everett used to say.)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
But it's true what I just said. And I found vinyl superior in several aspects. So don't tell me what I like or not, you know nothing about me.
Like what you like, and feel perfectly free to say so.
But why do you find it necessary to bludgeon us over the head with post after post and outside supporting links about a format you don't even care to use?
Just don't make any sense?

fas42

Major Contributor
Amir stated very clearly when he kicked off this website that he was looking for people to participate with a lightness of touch ... sadly, that seems to be a very long way from being the case, which IMO is a loss for both the participants and onlookers ...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
This is not the desired tone for our forum! We have a ignore feature, just use that and be happy.

Subjective listening impressions are only a valid expression of ones own preference, nothing more!!

Can we please desist from posting these kind of links, they mean nothing on this forum!

If you want to declare something is best you will need evidence that's in keeping with our ethos, anything else will be derailed by our members and may well After awhile cause upset . As this is NOT what we are about, I will most likely delete them too.

Don Hills

... Don? Thanks, next time I'll share somewhere else. No problemo amigo, and I take your comment in the best way possible...just like you said it. ...Very nice of you.

Feel free to continue posting here... my point was that if someone takes exception to it, they can in turn feel free to avoid the thread.
Regarding my comment, we listen to music first and foremost to please ourselves. It's natural to want to share the source of that pleasure with others... :)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol, what a bunch we can make sometimes. :D

P.S. I love mountains too, and gardens, flowers, and trees, and rivers, lakes, oceans, movies, people, our planet, the wildlife.

Hey, I don't want you to go or quit posting. I will admit I have been puzzled by some links and such you put up in this thread.

Now as to mountains, gardens, flowers, trees, rivers, lakes, oceans, movies, people, wildlife and our planet..............................lots of scientist type individuals love them too. In many cases it was love of those things that caused them to become scientists. (please note I am not a scientist myself)

We can all get to the same mountain top, but we may have all taken different paths to get there. :)

Don Hills

Amir stated very clearly when he kicked off this website that he was looking for people to participate with a lightness of touch ... sadly, that seems to be a very long way from being the case, which IMO is a loss for both the participants and onlookers ...

Bob definitely has a "lightness of touch" in his posting style. (That's a compliment, in case it wasn't clear.)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
We're all different.

surreal-dali-and-psychology-2-638.jpg

I try to take it in stride.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes you have a point mr krab, those two guys are on our ' outer limits ' . Please feel free to post more constructive content yourself. That would be infinitely more ... Productive than this some what confrontational message.

And where do you fall on the 'limits' spectrum, Mr. Mod?

The two fringe posters are the ones who needed to post 'constructive content' in the first place. Namely, evidence supporting such bollocks claims. One would think that would be the SOP, on a forum that claims to be science-based.

Why are such posts as theirs even allowed, Mr. Mod?

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are two type of posters in audio forums; the ones who have an opinion, and the ones who criticize other's opinion.
_________

Now that is a good comeback line. :) Well done Bob.

So, criticism isn't opinion too?

I'm learning a lot here on this here audio science forum.

But, what about the posters who post facts? They don't fit in your scheme. #confused

fas42

Major Contributor
What I'm learning on this forum is that the important thing here is to have attitude ... and lots of it ... o_O

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It seems that krabapple is highly accomplished in electrical matters - obviously has complete command in using something like LTspice for examining the behaviour of power supply circuitry in real world use - perhaps he could advise me on where my efforts in this area were not up to scratch ...

I'd advise you to conduct the best double blind listening tests you can on the supposedly common supposedly audible effects you've touted for power supplies, before you post more bollocks.

If you need advice on setting up those tests, just ask.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt it, mon cher nigaud.
I get where you are coming from krab. But come on now. This is hardly a friendly exchange.

You might say, from what I have seen I couldn't teach you much. Or you need some basics first. Or its a large gap to bridge. No need to be insulting about it.

TBone

Major Contributor
Look Art, no hands ....
gerbil-wheel.jpg

... add pulley & belt attached to turntable. Bingo, no motor. No motor, No motor noise, #1 critical aspect w/any turntable design. Giant-killer type modification, achieving noise-floor levels well below fluffy proportions ... if only the Gerbil would shut-up.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Look Art, no hands ....
gerbil-wheel.jpg

... add pulley & belt attached to turntable. Bingo, no motor. No motor, No motor noise, #1 critical aspect w/any turntable design. Giant-killer type modification, achieving noise-floor levels well below fluffy proportions ... if only the Gerbil would shut-up.

You just need the gerbil noise filter upgrade. There are several approaches to this. As gerbil sounds are high pitched hemholtz resonators to cancel the sound are physically small. There is the broadband absorption approach. Or the tiny gerbil mic which takes the sound of the gerbil and broadcasts it anti-phase over a tiny little speaker. Just some common tweakery.

fas42

Major Contributor
I'd advise you to conduct the best double blind listening tests you can on the supposedly common supposedly audible effects you've touted for power supplies, before you post more bollocks.

If you need advice on setting up those tests, just ask.
So you're not accomplished in analysing the behaviour of electrical circuits using simulation software, I take it? Do you believe that the behaviour of an audio system is complete invariant to the ears, irrespective of the quality of the electricals involved?

Top Bottom