• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Andrew Jones out at ELAC!

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure hope he doesn't go to one specific place. :eek:

1626883832857.png

UPDATE 4.22.2022
1650643101879.png

Last edited:
OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is he starting his own speaker company?
If he would, the result would be interesting but most certainly out of reach for an average Joe like me. *sigh* ;)

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If he would, the result would be interesting but most certainly out of reach for an average Joe like me. *sigh* ;)
Good for you there are many very well (better) designed loudspeakers out there. :)

HeadDoc12

He seemed to be a lot more prolific at Elac than he had been at Pioneer, or maybe my memory is faulty. Anyway, we probably have at least a year before we see any new designs from him, wherever they come from...

Kachda

Forum Donor
Guess he figures he has enough star power to create his own company and keep all the margin for himself ?

Or has Amir hired him to be his Klippel helper :)?

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Guess he figures he has enough star power to create his own company and keep all the margin for himself ?
He hasn't announced what he's doing

HeadDoc12

My guess is some investors saw $$$ potential, offered to help him start Jones Acoustics or whatever, and off we go. My hope is that he goes the Vandersteen route, offering speakers priced from fairly attainable to "Gosh, I'd love to hear those once in my life" levels, ideally both cheaper and more expensive than the extremes of Vandersteen's line, just for my amusement.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess is some investors saw $$$ potential, offered to help him start Jones Acoustics or whatever, and off we go. My hope is that he goes the Vandersteen route, offering speakers priced from fairly attainable to "Gosh, I'd love to hear those once in my life" levels, ideally both cheaper and more expensive than the extremes of Vandersteen's line, just for my amusement.

Sadly, one of the most misunderstood engineering practices is having the resource and knowing HOW to use those resources. Being a staff engineer is quite different than running the business side AND being the engineer.

He certainly has the brand to make it work but there's a lot more to it IMO. TAD and ELAC are very large companies with very deep resources and that should never be underestimated.

Kachda

Forum Donor
By the way, I think it’s more accurate that he left Elac than saying he’s out at elac. Currently it makes it seems like he was fired, so a bit clickbaitey

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way, I think it’s more accurate that he left Elac than saying he’s out at elac. Currently it makes it seems like he was fired, so a bit clickbaitey
Pretty sure me including his post as I did clears up any sort of misunderstanding.

Ericglo

I don't know him that well, as I have only talked to him at shows. I got the impression that he enjoyed the challenge of designing inexpensive speakers.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know him that well, as I have only talked to him at shows. I got the impression that he enjoyed the challenge of designing inexpensive speakers.
I'm sure there's some truth to that. I'm sure the CFO pushed for that as it will create a cashflow positive company though. ;)

redshift

Great art comes only from those willing to be vulnerable.

Top Bottom