• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Andrew Jones out at ELAC!

redshift

Addicted to Fun and Learning
He’s big on his concentric/coaxial drivers. He worked with KEF on the uniQ, he’s done concentric at ELAC, I’d say he’s going to some Internet Direct company that does Concentric/coaxial drivers.

Likely a spin-off from a major brand sensing that the clock toward oblivion is ticking while not disrupting the existing dealer network.

Music1969

Major Contributor
He left before Amir gets the UBR62 and rips it apart LOL

All jokes aside, he has a good sense of humour

1626956129130.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

I was going to suggest that, but would have been shot down in flames.

Love it.

Bose- by Andrew Jones. (I'm pissing myself laughing)

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He’s big on his concentric/coaxial drivers. He worked with KEF on the uniQ, he’s done concentric at ELAC, I’d say he’s going to some Internet Direct company that does Concentric/coaxial drivers.
Don't forget also the concentric designs he made for Pioneer / TAD.

Hiten

Expectation will be high for 'First' project in a new company . All the best to AJ.

rgpit

Forum Donor
Maybe a whole new loudspeaker business paradigm. I can see it now.... ring ring, "Hello" ... "Hi, this is Andrew Jones. Our records show your loudspeaker warranty has run out. Would you like to purchase an extended loudspeaker warranty?"

Galliardist

Major Contributor
While he says he’s leaving for a great new opportunity they all say that.

I’ve been expecting this since the Adante models got the chop. Something went terribly wrong with the perceived bass of those speakers, especially the standpoint model - they didn’t sell. And a superstar designer is only as good as the last flop.

Of course I dan’t know the full story and whether the failure was due to him or something else was involved.

Let’s hope for a quick return to form!

redshift

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While he says he’s leaving for a great new opportunity they all say that.

I’ve been expecting this since the Adante models got the chop. Something went terribly wrong with the perceived bass of those speakers, especially the standpoint model - they didn’t sell. And a superstar designer is only as good as the last flop.

Of course I dan’t know the full story and whether the failure was due to him or something else was involved.

Let’s hope for a quick return to form!

It looks like some halo model custom jobbie that went into the imaginary conjecture and then spit out on the wrong side of objective reality.

Perhaps someone asked: “Are you really sure about this one Andrew?”. Whereby Andrew:

1626965487441.jpeg

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Maybe him and Danny from GR research are going to team up? ;)

How did you know? That was top secret. Andrew plans on redesigning the tube connectors so that they are MUCH easier to install. I hear through the grapevine they will be in a regular speaker cup for super easy install. Oh, and then the new line of Andrew Jones wire and interconnects will come out. BUT, do not worry, he has not left ASR out of the loop. He plans on coming out with new DACS and Headphones amps to keep all the ASR people happy. Already have 7 DACS? Who cares buy another! Headphone amps? Everyone needs 4 or 5. There is some snake oil creeping in to peoples perceptions of DACS and headphone amps....... But I will not touch that subject as it would start a serious flame war! :) I know when to NOT step on a large landmine!

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Setting up a SOTA factory is really, really expensive. The equipment is measured in millions per machine, right from laminators, CNCs, vacuum presses, paint lines etc. Then you have the environmental issues now with low formaldehyde emission board being required just about everywhere and sustainable pine sources. I reckon it'd have to be an existing player in a low cost country with already existing scale.

As Don would say, just my 2 cents, microcent whatever.

Not in China. Near zero environmental issues. Basically, do whatever you want. Sky is the limit.

Top Bottom