• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier help

kyles237

Hey All. Looking for some advice,

I recently upgraded my home theater system from a 4-channel output to a 7:1 output system... a major difference in quality and sound... wow. I'm looking to amp that up with a powerful amplifier. The equipment I have is a Denon AVR X2800h receiver- 95 watts per channel, (fronts) KEF QW150 bookshelf speakers- 8-ohm max 100W output, (Center) Klipsch RP-450c- 8 ohm 150 w cont. / 600 w peaks, (subwoofer) HSU VTF 3 MK 5- 600 w cont. / 2000 w short term, small Bose cube speakers for hights, and Sony bookshelf speakers- 6 ohms 60 w for surround {kef will replace these once I purchase floor speakers}

So I understand that the amplifier should power the center, subwoofer, and eventually the floor speakers to achieve their max output. Should I get an amp that has 8+ channels, or split it up into multiple amps to power individually? Also, I'm looking for any advice anyone has on an amplifier recommendation.

Thanks! Kyle

Top Bottom