• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier and Speaker Combination

BigJA

Would you suggest R3 meta or LRS+ and which amplifier would suit either speakers best? 2k max speakers and 1-2 k amp.

Thanks

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those are very different speakers. It will depend on which you prefer. Each has its adherents, although the R3 is more "conventional".

OP
B

BigJA

Those are very different speakers. It will depend on which you prefer. Each has its adherents, although the R3 is more "conventional".
Thanks for the reply. Which amps would you recommend?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Welcome to ASR. :)
Which amps would you recommend?
An amp that measures well and can supply the appropriate amount of power to the speakers for your use case.
MAXIMUM OUTPUT
110 dB
AMPLIFIER REQUIREMENTS
15 - 180W
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE
4 Ω (min. 3.2 Ω)
SENSITIVITY (2.83V/1m)
87 dB
Plenty of options here in the ASR review index;
A possible suggestion;
It's smaller cased cousin measured very well here;

JSmith

OP
B

BigJA

Welcome to ASR. :)

An amp that measures well and can supply the appropriate amount of power to the speakers for your use case.

Plenty of options here in the ASR review index;
A possible suggestion;
It's smaller cased cousin measured very well here;

JSmith
Thanks for an the help. I was going to go with the Hegel 95 but this website put paid to that....

JSmith

Master Contributor
Thanks for an the help. I was going to go with the Hegel 95 but this website put paid to that....
Sure, no problems.

Ah yes, H95... not the best at all!
Since you mention this, I now gather you may be after an integrated amp (with streaming functions?) rather than a power amp? If so, do you need analog inputs only or both digital (inbuilt DAC) and analog?

JSmith

OP
B

BigJA

Sure, no problems.

Ah yes, H95... not the best at all!
Since you mention this, I now gather you may be after an integrated amp (with streaming functions?) rather than a power amp? If so, do you need analog inputs only or both digital (inbuilt DAC) and analog?

JSmith
Yes, ideally integrated. Can be analogue and I'll source an external DAC.

Top Bottom