• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP good enough for my new headphone (HD800S)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Any help on how to implement these EQs? What program are you using? Is there an easy way to save your settings and import them?

Thanks!!
Assuming you are pc based for your source, equalizerAPO is the standard recommendation with PEACE more user friendly interface /skin on that you interact with to enter settings

QuantumKat

You can use https://equalizerapo.com/. After installation find the config.txt in the directory to which you installed the program and paste the profiles into it. Save the file and it should be noticeable on the fly
Having some trouble importing into Peace.

I copy and pasted some of the profiles into a new txt file in my config folder. I hit import. Either I get a no filter error OR it imports but there's no new .peace file generated and there's no new menu option on the lower left hand side (e.g. Radio, etc).

Would you happen to have the .peace files for the EQs you mention here or perhaps some advice on how to properly import?

Thanks again!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Having some trouble importing into Peace.

I copy and pasted some of the profiles into a new txt file in my config folder. I hit import. Either I get a no filter error OR it imports but there's no new .peace file generated and there's no new menu option on the lower left hand side (e.g. Radio, etc).

Would you happen to have the .peace files for the EQs you mention here or perhaps some advice on how to properly import?

Thanks again!
Do it manually if you are only doing one or 2 pairs of headphones. Plus if you are doing whilst playing music you then get to hear the impact of each filter separately and get a better sense on what part of the spectrum you are impacting.

The sliders in Peace are quite easy to understand and map to the EQ filters listed- and click the "prevent clipping" toggle text to to peak value meters.

QuantumKat

Do it manually if you are only doing one or 2 pairs of headphones. Plus if you are doing whilst playing music you then get to hear the impact of each filter separately and get a better sense on what part of the spectrum you are impacting.

The sliders in Peace are quite easy to understand and map to the EQ filters listed- and click the "prevent clipping" toggle text to to peak value meters.
I'll try it!

QuantumKat

I'm currently switching between multiple and indeed the simpler also sound great. Even though they are not following the harman target.

Custom based on the one mentioned by @amirm which I like as well.

Another one

And another one.

By the way; compared to other headphones in the same price range the HD 800 s is able to follow the Harman curve the longest

View attachment 163013
Which headphones, overall, follow the curve the longest regardless of price?

OP
R
Which headphones, overall, follow the curve the longest regardless of price?
I believe the HD800S comes very close especially with EQ. Look at the target in the comparison.

comparison.png

Top Bottom