• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir, we need your Salon2 spins

73hadd

Forum Donor
Hi Amir,

The world needs your Salon2 measurements. Yes, they're heavy, but:

-They're already in your house
-You measure audio gear, but not yet your own speakers?!?

Propose the cost to us:

-HAZMAT suit rental for you and your significant other
-Two friendly and sanitary people to move the speakers
-Cost of Lunch or Dinner for helpers while you do the measurements

The data will provide valuable context, considering the popularity of the F228Be, upcoming reviews of F328Be, and existing data on F208.

Thanks!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The way I understand it, the Klippel has a little raised platform fully five (!) feet off the ground. If that's the set up, he'll need one of those guys who lift and throw logs in lumberjack skills contests, and then there is the concern the speakers somehow fall off the platform. Nobody wants that. Nobody.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
You guys know Salon 2 spinorama data is already publicly available, right?

Both 2007 & 2017 revisions.

https://speakerdata2034.blogspot.com/2019/03/spinorama-data-revel-ultima.html

Spin%2B-%2BRevel%2BUltima2%2BSalon2.png

Spin%2B-%2BRevel%2BUltima2%2BSalon2%2B%2528re-measured%2Bin%2B2017%2529.png

OP

73hadd

Forum Donor
The way I understand it, the Klippel has a little raised platform fully five (!) feet off the ground. If that's the set up, he'll need one of those guys who lift and throw logs in lumberjack skills contests, and then there is the concern the speakers somehow fall off the platform. Nobody wants that. Nobody.

Amir measured F208 and mentioned in another thread he'll measure F328Be

OP

73hadd

Forum Donor
Hi @amirm , this was my attempt at establishing a cash bribe dollar amount, with no success. Perhaps there is some piece of gear that you would really like to measure, that one of us interested parties might have on hand?

I thought for sure cash was going to work... It seems to be your "love language."

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Thanks for posting, had not seen these before.

Really interesting because on the subjective side Amir strongly seems to dislike speakers with a bass response like that???

Bass response is heavily dictated by room.

It could look very different in his room from what that graph shows.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
-Two friendly and sanitary people to move the speakers
You know, we have not even had our children visit us since February. So while some kind members have volunteered to move things, we are hesitant to do that. I much appreciate the sentiments. Hopefully a path will become clear to measure them.

AudioJester

Forum Donor

Maybe not then??
I thought you liked a bass hump followed by downward tilt? The above graph looks like the bass significantly drops off below 100Hz. Obviously no room effect. Yeah, bass extension is wow!

Brings up another question - does room "reinforcement" degrade bass quality / add distortion?

Unfortunately Revel is hideoulsy expensive in Aus, would love to listen to them myself one day.

Trouble Maker

Add said:
Looking for help around the house: Lumberjack able to lift heavy things to move a 4'5" 146 pound 'object' 5' into the air.

OP

73hadd

Forum Donor
You know, we have not even had our children visit us since February. So while some kind members have volunteered to move things, we are hesitant to do that. I much appreciate the sentiments. Hopefully a path will become clear to measure them.

I read you loud and clear, no pressure. I'll bring it up again when "this" is "over" :)

Looking forward to the data! It should be interesting to see how they fit compared to the new Revel "Be" story.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We shouldn't forget that this is an avocation for Amir. He's doing this as a labor of love, so let's not make him regret his service by asking more than he's able to offer.

Top Bottom