• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir, we need your Salon2 spins

Triliza

Forum Donor
You haul them out do all your measurements and they turn out very poorly
That's very unlikely, there's nothing to indicate that. There was some blind testing vs JBL M2 that doesn't point that way, and Dr. Toole if I'm not mistaken is using them in his system also, sure he is biased, but they can't be that bad.

The spins for Salon2 are available, Amir has occasionally commented how some very good speakers he has tested compare to them, we more or less know what to expect. What we need is more testing of affordable speakers, the majority cannot afford or are not willing to spend that kind of money.

SDC

823261C0-3EAE-4620-A5B8-1F8CB0F0BBAE.png
8631CD70-343F-406D-AEF0-8CF3324905B5.png

Not Amirs (its mine) and not NFS (just M30 and turntable)

But better than nothing I guess (if you missed my post just in case)

Putting this on the turntable was PITA. I can't imagine it on the NFS.

BTW, my 4367 was not measured cause it was too hard to put it on the turntable.

Amazing how Erins made NFS measurement of it...

Newman

Major Contributor
..Harman...I also know that they have been bought by Samsung. Good luck with high end audio research when that outfit takes over.
Excuse me, your fly is open.
...Maybe I look at it this way...You haul them out do all your measurements and they turn out very poorly. And according to your theory if they measure poorly they should sound that way. Would you want to air that video...
The Salon2 have excellent spinorama, and it's already been published. So,
  1. Your sad way of "looking at it" is ridiculously unlikely.
  2. Amir's measurement of his Salon2 adds nothing, whereas his reviews of many other speakers that don't have published spinoramas are needed and add real value.
And according to your theory if they measure poorly they should sound that way.
That is NOT some theory of Amir's. Please purchase and read Sound Reproduction by Dr F E Toole. Get educated. You make too many accusations with too little knowledge.

One of the main reasons I was looking for a review of your Salons is I’m very close to closing a deal for a pair.
You already have enough data on that speaker to go ahead with your purchase.

Jokerbre

View attachment 248495View attachment 248494

Not Amirs (its mine) and not NFS (just M30 and turntable)

But better than nothing I guess (if you missed my post just in case)

Putting this on the turntable was PITA. I can't imagine it on the NFS.

BTW, my 4367 was not measured cause it was too hard to put it on the turntable.

Amazing how Erins made NFS measurement of it...

Please give non normalised.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
[snip!]

As to my Salon 2 speakers, they are not going to get tested right now. I have room full of speakers to test. Salon 2 spin data is already public anyway as measured by the company. Go ahead and show me another high-end speaker company who releases much measurements let alone full spin.

KEF. KEF publishes full measurements. I cannot think of anyone else, though. Now back to breaking in the new person for 5,000 hours...

Newman

Major Contributor

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Certainly not on au.kef.com, unless they are hidden like easter eggs.
The spins are in their published white papers. Such as this one for the R Series. Admittedly, some white papers are more complete than others. I do not see directivity in that one, for example.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Could also hire the GoT guy ("The Mountain"):

SDC

Please give non normalised.

you can find the whole .mdat file in the LS60 thread.
But there was few mistakes in FR measurement thats why we decided to show only normalized.

For pure data I think harman official data is better.

And use mine only for intuitive view of how wide the DI in spin actually is when it changes to directivity.

Top Bottom