• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative to Sennheiser HD 660 S2

Dahlin

Hey there, I am completely new to the scene. I have been using a Logitech G633 for a few years and at this point I'm just tired of its cheap build quality.

I wanted to buy a pair of headphones that I never have to replace (unless they break).

I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 660S, when I found that the 660 S2 was gonna come out in a few weeks.
Now that its available for preorder, before I bought it I found this video explaining thats its complete garbage for the price (
)

I asked the person who made the video what he would recommend in this area, and he mentioned the "Tecsun Hp 300".
Which seems weird, since I can only buy those on aliexpress....

As I continued searching, I found the beyerdynamic amiron home. When reading this (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...erdynamic-amiron-home-review-headphone.27734/) it also was no longer an option for me :/

At this point I dont know what to buy anymore.
I cant go with the most expensive since expensive does not equal good apparently. Not even from Sennheiser.

Can you guys recommend something that is actually good? Within 1000€ if possible. And "open" building type

I also saw the Sennheiser HD 800, but the price is out of my range.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
HD600, HD650/HD6XX, HD560S, Edition XS (some seem to fail), Sundara, OLLO S5X, NDH30, Meze109(some fails reported), (filtered)DT1990-A, DT900ProX, ATH-R70X (if it fits you)

Maybe the HD660S2 is not so bad. I think it will sound like an even warmer HD650 with a bit more treble. Perhaps just wait for some more reviews. I would not 'trust' a single guy's opinion who has not even heard it himself.

Last edited:

Zensō

Major Contributor
Hey there, I am completely new to the scene. I have been using a Logitech G633 for a few years and at this point I'm just tired of its cheap build quality.

I wanted to buy a pair of headphones that I never have to replace (unless they break).

I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 660S, when I found that the 660 S2 was gonna come out in a few weeks.
Now that its available for preorder, before I bought it I found this video explaining thats its complete garbage for the price (
)

I asked the person who made the video what he would recommend in this area, and he mentioned the "Tecsun Hp 300".
Which seems weird, since I can only buy those on aliexpress....

As I continued searching, I found the beyerdynamic amiron home. When reading this (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...erdynamic-amiron-home-review-headphone.27734/) it also was no longer an option for me :/

At this point I dont know what to buy anymore.
I cant go with the most expensive since expensive does not equal good apparently. Not even from Sennheiser.

Can you guys recommend something that is actually good? Within 1000€ if possible. And "open" building type

I also saw the Sennheiser HD 800, but the price is out of my range.
I’d suggest using the review index on this site and choosing the “headphone” category. Once there you can filter by a number of criteria including headphone type, price, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom