• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accuphase E-5000

boomtheroom

Anyone had real life experience with this intergrated?
what are your thoughts?

Avp1

As much as I like Accuphase as brand, I would not consider their integrated amplifiers. Unless you MUST have one box solution it makes much more sense to get C-2450 preamp and separate power amplifier. as time goes on you can upgrade amplifier along with your speakers, keeping preamp. Their preamps are as good at it gets already and you unlikely need to upgrade.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
the RRP is about $10k

i quite like this brand for completely senseless 'fashion' reasons... like the silly comic sans script on the front

i mean everyone here is completely objective and would immediately mention there are better ways to spend $10k in your pursuit of 240w a channel and better graphs

to me this is a completely japanese thing... battleship integrateds... as a westerner we have more space (well we used to prior to covid!) and so i too an incredulous at who is asking for 75lb thing that costs as much as a Ford Focus (in this country)

this place has tested accuphase in the past and for all their florid advertising spiel about being 'beyond reproach' they are actually comparable to other high end products that do not test as good as they say

but like those high performance yamahas you buy into the whole system with their competant dacs and their more than competant phono stages and they will always soak you on high priced expansion cards

let us say that they are the Japanese version of McIntosh

OP
boomtheroom

boomtheroom

the RRP is about $10k

i quite like this brand for completely senseless 'fashion' reasons... like the silly comic sans script on the front

i mean everyone here is completely objective and would immediately mention there are better ways to spend $10k in your pursuit of 240w a channel and better graphs

to me this is a completely japanese thing... battleship integrateds... as a westerner we have more space (well we used to prior to covid!) and so i too an incredulous at who is asking for 75lb thing that costs as much as a Ford Focus (in this country)

this place has tested accuphase in the past and for all their florid advertising spiel about being 'beyond reproach' they are actually comparable to other high end products that do not test as good as they say

but like those high performance yamahas you buy into the whole system with their competant dacs and their more than competant phono stages and they will always soak you on high priced expansion cards

any recommendations around the 10k mark?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
do you really need 240w? and say 320w at 4 ohm? and what are you driving?

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
the RRP is about $10k

Not really, McIntosh is verging on state-of-the-art for high power solid state Class AB (MC462) and tube (MC275). Accuphase is super well built but good luck breaking out of the double-digit SINADs, which is just disgraceful considering what SOTA amps are doing now, and for their reputation

Top Bottom