• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accordion... anyone?

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Alexander Sevastian played JS Bach BWV565 Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

Szasz Szabolcs plays WA Mozart 3rd movement from Piano Sonata No. 11 "Rondo alla Turca".

Rune Larsen and Terje Brun play Beethoven 1st movement of Symphony No. 5.

Composer-accordionist Nick Ariondo plays Rimsky-Korsakov "Flight of the Bumble-bee". The bemused and slightly amused Olympia Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by maestro Fung Ho awaits its entrance cue. Was it all a lark? :)

Eliomar Landim plays Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. Mesmerizing. Gave me a flashback to when as a young man I first heard Cziffra's CD of (most of) the Liszt rhapsodies.

Igor Zavadsky plays Beethoven 1st movement of Piano Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight".

A few years ago, outstanding accordionist Merima Kljuco and marvelous sevdah singer Amira Medunjanin collaborated on a superb CD "zumra" that I have treasured ever since (along with several other of Amira's CDs). Just two voices (mostly Amira's) and an accordion, including some solo accordion and an a capella song. Here they are in the song "Mito Bekrijo".

Here are Merima and Amira in the song "Okreni se niz dul bascu"

Want moar powah? When in doubt, use a bigger accordion :). Lorenzo Ghielmi plays Bach BWV565 at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater.

Last edited:

Longshan

The great Buckwheat Zydeco:

I have many fond memories from high school of driving two hours to orchestra rehearsal with a friend whilst listening to his father’s Buckwheat Zydeco tapes …

Shorty

Another Bach interpreter. Here’s Harry Mooten:

Last edited:

audiofooled

One of the most beautiful folk musical pieces of the Balkan's, also one of the most complicated to perform on this wonderful instrument. Here it was performed by one of the best there ever was, R.I.P Bojan Jovanovic. This man's passion for music was unheard of. Not a good recording, but I hope you can still enjoy.

jkasch

Forum Donor
What next? A bagpipe thread?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
What next? A bagpipe thread?

Bring it on!

1618797470709.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Shorty

It seems a lot of accordion players are into acrobatics instead of music… :rolleyes:
For some contemporary music, check out French duo Renaud Détruit and Florent Sepchat. Here’s a track of their latest album, Intime Brubeck:

Last edited:

Shorty

Gary Larson made some great cartoons about accordion music:

Attachments

• 46F2DC39-874B-404C-B47D-A8C5336D7D41.jpeg
    46F2DC39-874B-404C-B47D-A8C5336D7D41.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom