• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accordion... anyone?

kschmit2

I know nothing about the accordion.

Why are the key's 'above' where he's playing also moving?

like mansr said, the keys are mechanically coupled.

In the right hand, the lower-most row is coupled to row 4 and the second row is coupled to row 5.

The left hand only has the lowest row coupled to row 4. Rows 5 and 6 are coupled to the lowest octave notes.

kschmit2

Mie Miki has several albums on BIS Records and a few other labels through the years, including arrangements of music by Bach, Rameau, Scarlatti, and others.

I attended one of her master classes in the early 1990s.

Stefan Hussong was another instructor there. His Goldberg variations are simply fantastic:

oops. that link is to the first track on the CD, which is fantasia b-a-c-h.

The playlist for Goldberg can be found here
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgglHQGZ38&list=OLAK5uy_kHe5hE6zdODpLNU4nE8bu7l_8teU6F9qc

OP
E

EZ Meno

like mansr said, the keys are mechanically coupled.

In the right hand, the lower-most row is coupled to row 4 and the second row is coupled to row 5.

The left hand only has the lowest row coupled to row 4. Rows 5 and 6 are coupled to the lowest octave notes.

Thanks for the explanation!

@Trouble Maker, I know nothing about the accordion either, but really I like listening to it (sometimes). That's why I started the thread.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Before checking out the postings here I never realized their were so many different configurations of accordions. o_O

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
^ Check out the length of that guys fingers!

simplex

Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla, performed by NedSym Lite

I have a copy of the SACD edition of this album: highly recommended! If you like to listen to this in real quality, get yourself one before it's sold out!

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I attended one of her master classes in the early 1990s.

Stefan Hussong was another instructor there. His Goldberg variations are simply fantastic:

oops. that link is to the first track on the CD, which is fantasia b-a-c-h.

The playlist for Goldberg can be found here
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgglHQGZ38&list=OLAK5uy_kHe5hE6zdODpLNU4nE8bu7l_8teU6F9qc

Ouch, that one really hurt! I wanted so hard to like it.
Happy there's something for everyone though.

simplex

Richard Galliano.
Wonderful! Inspired me to order a copy of Ron Carter & Richard Galliano - Live 2017
Maybe the accordion is a bit underrated these days ...

Top Bottom