• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About the 3 new products of Nordost - QBASE Mark III, QSINE và QWAVE

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now I can agree with you! At least we on the same page now! I just wanna be fair and don’t rule out anything! Of course it’s the Nordost to prove their product to work as their claims. However, if we can find their talks are non-sense or technically wrong, then the 3 new Nordost products are also BS!
Did you read solderdude's post earlier in this thread. That is enough right there. The premise on these products is faulty. So you've just cut off your 8th finger with a saw. When Nordost announces some other shill product (there is no record of any of their products being anything else in the company's history) are you going after the 9th finger with the saw just to be perfectly sure?

delta76

Major Contributor
Nah! These 3 products are different! They are not cables!
Tomayto tomahto. They have always used big abstract words with no scientific proof whatsoever to marketing their products. It was proven times after time that their products are nothing but extremely overpriced snake oil, and there is no way they are making a good, worthy products because there is nothing to improve the audio quality from their products. Cables or otherwise. Period.
Fool me once it is on you. Fool me twice .
And it is as if you want to be fooled

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok! I would like to explain more why I come into decision posting this.

First of all, I’m prefer to be a reader, rather than talker, that’s why I joined a long time, but do not post regularly. Do not think active member is the one who talks plenty. Actually, I read plenty instead.

Secondly, I know Nordost is the company making lots of snake oil products which make no differences in measurement, and also many products cause degradation and introduce more noise into the system instead of cleaning/reducing it as their claims. I know and I fully understand that.

However, we have to be very fair. Not all Nordost products have been measured, and due to complication in every system chain, we might not 100% sure how and it might affect or benefit the system. Right?

Also, in this video, they talk about 3 new products which have not been measured yet or understand how they affect the signal chain yet. So if we are wise gentlemen, we must be fair and cannot make reckless assumptions. What if there is a slight chance that 1 in 1000 Nordos products actually works and can make things better. Right!?

So, for now, we can analyse what the Nordost sellers said, and find what he said actually wrong and point that out, so we can confidently assume that these 3 new products are no better than their snake-oil ones previously made!

I’m here for peace, and i’m on your side! Not to try marketing for Nordost!
You have an enquiring mind, nothing wrong with that. Why not learn some measurement techniques, buy some equipment and do your own testing? It'll satisfy you, and you can share what you find.
Personally, I see no point in looking at Nordost but there's nothing to stop you.

fatoldgit

Many of you are youngsters but QRT was originally a company started in 1997 called Quantum Resonance Technology.

They produced a line of power conditioners that generated a "quantum" field of some type that magically conditioned your power simply by proximity to their device.

They were brought out by Nordost (around 2008) who then jumped on the "quantum" thing and still push the idea (not sure if they use the same "technology" as QRT did in the early days).

You can read a review here (http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/quantum_life_symphony.htm) of the original QRT product but to understand the key idea behind QRT we can use these quotes from the review:

In other words, certain laws of quantum mechanics predict that if the coherent electrons come into contact with the incoherent electrons in home electricity, those incoming electrons will behave coherently also. Within a few minutes, all of the electrons in your home will exhibit the coherent behavior of the electrons in the Symphony's circuitry. This coherent behavior lowers the noise floor of the electricity, and thus the noise floor of your audio/video system.

AND

When you connect one or two Symphonies to your main system, every other video display in the house looks better than you are used to seeing. The difference isn’t huge, and many will not notice it without consciously looking for it. But if you know what the images on your computer monitor look like or on the TV in your bedroom, both will get better when you connect the Symphony. Likewise, audio elsewhere in the house improves also; the kitchen radio sounds a little better, the TV sound in the family room is a little better, the rap coming from your 13-year-old’s room sounds better (as if that were possible!) -- you name it. QRT is indiscriminate, it seems. Whatever it does that makes the sound and/or image improve in your reference system, the same improvements happen everywhere around your house.

If you believe that a device can make ALL the electrons in your home all march to the same tune in coherence than these Nordost QRT products are for you.

It was quackery 25 years ago and still is today.

Peter

PS. You can see from the review date (Jan 2000) that breathless reviews of products that make an amazing difference to audio quality despite being based on snake oil are not a new phenomenon

PSS. As per Nordost's web site, QRT is branded against Qbase, QRT plugins (being QKOIL, QSINE, QVIBE, and QWAVE) , Qpoint, Qsourse, QNet, Qkore and Qline.

I know they use "Q" to indicate quantum but I am not sure (nor do I want to spend any time) determining if all the product ranges tout the use of the original QRT "IP" but many do discuss this type of effect. For example, we see "The QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer emits a subtle field which manipulates all electromechanical resonances within its immediate proximity so that they resonate in unison with each other"

We then note, as per the web site, that Qbase uses "Specifically optimized and modified QPOINT Technology" so Qbase does use the quantum concept

Last edited:

Galliardist

Major Contributor
You do not understand me that well. I’m not here to promote for Nordost! I’m here to look for technical answers to reveal the Nordost sellers BS claims!
Well, just ask Nordost for the results of their independently reviewed measurements that prove audible effect, or their independently managed, statistically and experimentally valid peer reviewed tests that prove audible difference.

Ideally those should have been published and peer-reviewed.

Again - it's on the company to prove their claims, not hifi reviewers, not customers, and not us. The claims they make are uniformally remarkable for their products, and so without proof we are entitled to dispute and disbelieve those claims.

I suspect that using quantum techniques in this way successfully, would be of interest to the physics community?

Top Bottom