• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A warm bookshelf

OP
C

caioferrari

Wow the sensitivity of these speakers is going to need some power. Depending on your sitting distances I think will determine which one you chose due to the different in the dispersion from the speakers. They seems pretty similar. I would try the KEF, but that's just because I hear people like them and not from personal experience.

It's a shame you can't get RSL speakers there. :(
My room is veeeeery small.
Spl will not be an issue.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I would go with the KEFs for a smaller setup just to get that "single" point source. Let's see if anyone with experience of the two speakers chimes in.
I had the LS50 with and without Meta.
Warm wasn't what was in my mind when i listened to them.

jbattman1016

I have some experience with polk and with some EQ, the RT sounds pretty warm to me, but this is now discontinued. I'm not sure what replaced this speaker, maybe the ES20?
Have you given those a chance? Checking the charts from Erin's review of the R200, I doubt it'll be "harsh" sounding with EQ to level out the upper range.

OP
C

caioferrari

I found a pair of M105 with a great discount over here.
KEF U$2k vs m105 U$1,5k.

Got the Revels.
4 day shipping. Can’t wait.

OP
C

caioferrari

I have some experience with polk and with some EQ, the RT sounds pretty warm to me, but this is now discontinued. I'm not sure what replaced this speaker, maybe the ES20?
Have you given those a chance? Checking the charts from Erin's review of the R200, I doubt it'll be "harsh" sounding with EQ to level out the upper range.

I was thinking about the R100 (I’ve got a sub already) but I’ve found a m105 for U$1,5k vs U$1,1k for a Polk.
I’ve decided to try the Revels and stop looking for upgrades.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Best choice anyway in my opinion. Show pics once you have it. :cool:

OP
C

caioferrari

Got them!

It’s a pretty good speakers. The only problem I got is an issue on one of speaker suspension.

Tomorrow the dealer is going to replace it.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 104

raindance

Major Contributor
Yes, pick a larger speaker that might have more bass and thus sounds warmer.
I can recommend the Wharfedale LX-3 MKII Amir recently tested, i found them fun to listen to as they really have a good bass and didn't annoy me at all, but the woofer is 6.5".
That's a Mission part number, FYI and the LX-2 with the 5.25" woofer also has excellent bass. I'd go so far as to say they are the least treble heavy speakers out there.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
C

caioferrari

Problem solved!

After struggling to deal with Klipsch sound from my RB51 II, I got a really enjoyable sound.
I’ve Looked around for possibilities, and people said that I got bad amps, bad cables, bad sources, bad ears, everything has bad, except the speakers. For the first time ever, I could buy a product that simply meets science standards. The sound is amazing. I don’t have to buy fancy cables or spend hundreds of hours burning in. It’s just plug and play to get a pleasing sound.

Thank you @amirm to review speakers according with good science. It prevent us from buying bad sound gears And spending money with snake oil.

Attachments

• IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 21BA8A34-0A62-4F32-B478-B35D0263519E.jpeg
    21BA8A34-0A62-4F32-B478-B35D0263519E.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 159
Top Bottom