• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A new kilogram

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/kilogram-definition-1.4901809

In related news Nordost have announced the release of an audiophile kilogram correctinator, exclusively designed to improve sonic performance by correcting the audio degradation caused by leakage of heavy electricity into new electrons. Yes friends, although most electrons weigh the correct amount relative to the Planck constant, leakage of older electrons which weight the same as a block of platinum-iridium in Paris can happen, removing these heavy electrons is like removing a veil, music has enhanced slam, rhythm and pace and just so much more musicality. The kilogram correctinator has been tested by Audiophool monthly, tester Mike Gadowski confirmed that after inserting the correctinator into his $7.8 million dollar mid-fi set up it was like hearing music for the first time, so much so that he is really looking forward to testing it in his high end rig. Pear cable are planning to release a new cable specially designed for new kilogram electricity to complement the correctinator, only $78,000 per foot.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
The kilogram correctinator has been tested by Audiophool monthly, tester Mike Gadowski confirmed that after inserting the correctinator into his $7.8 million dollar mid-fi set up it was like hearing music for the first time, so much so that he is really looking forward to testing it in his high end rig. Pear cable are planning to release a new cable specially designed for new kilogram electricity to complement the correctinator, only $78,000 per foot.

Luckily I've discovered that you can get similar correctination by soaking all your gear in liquid nitrogen and rubbing it with special holy mountain crystals while humming a specific nursery rhyme. The difference is night and day!

On a serious side note: Is the gram the last unit in the metric system to get a proper definition? And will North America ever acknowledge its existence? :D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
On a serious side note: Is the gram the last unit in the metric system to get a proper definition? And will North America ever acknowledge its existence? :D
A gram of what? Drug dealers switched to the meteric system long ago. :p

Jorj

Forum Donor
On an ever MORE serious note, that Kibble balance apparatus ought to be just the thing for isolating a turntable from quantum vibrations. My new company, Schrodinger Audio, will be unveiling this at the next RMAF. How much, you ask? Well, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Jorj

Forum Donor
I can only imagine the look on my dealer's face when I ask if he's referenced his scale to the Planck Constant instead of the International Standard Mass.

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning

What I've learned is it that the US system is actually based on the metric system, but they just apply a conversion factor to everything.
Source

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What kind of drug dealers do you know Sal? Last I checked, weed dealers were still on the imperial system ;)
Weed? I was thinking more along the lines of white powdery substances when talk turns to purchases in a volume measured in grams or a division of such.

Top Bottom