• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Zensō: New Album Released Today

Zensō

Major Contributor
Hello!

My new album was released today. The Unbreakable Circle is a concept album inspired by the poetry of Mary Oliver. These tracks were written over the past four years since her passing, and each is related to a specific poem (listed in parens in the song title). As we’ve gone through challenging times over the years, Oliver’s work has always been there as a source of solace; I hope in a small way this album serves a similar purpose for you.

Stylistically, The Unbreakable Circle is similar to my prior albums, with improvised melodies and organic drum rhythms layered over ambient soundscapes, with the judicious use of polymeters and polyrhythms throughout. The melodic improvisations were played live on an Ableton Push with various virtual modular synthesizers used for the sound sources. The drum and percussion parts were played live on a Zendrum with Superior Drummer as the primary sound source. Generative sequencers, virtual modular synths, and field recordings were used to create the base soundscapes. If you’re a traditionalist who prefers “real” instruments recorded live in real rooms, this may not be for you. But if you enjoy electronic music in general, and experimental music specifically, this may be right up your alley. In any case, thanks for taking a listen, your support is very much appreciated!

Best regards,
Alan

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Today I recognised Cathedral Forest from Shibusa.

A beautiful track.

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Beautiful soundscapes ... thank you for sharing your work. (We also have Mary Oliver readers in our house.)

Top Bottom