• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

Gregss

Hello All,

Would suggest you get a couple of sets supposedly blessed by religious leaders. The Pope, Dali Lama, Trump and whoever else you can come up with. Should get the big dollars from some of those who wouldn't otherwise get suckered.

mansr

Major Contributor
Would suggest you get a couple of sets supposedly blessed by religious leaders. The Pope, Dali Lama, Trump and whoever else you can come up with. Should get the big dollars from some of those who wouldn't otherwise get suckered.
That already exists, only the leaders are called Paul McClown, Ted Denney, etc.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
So the wire will cost us $1.20 per pair of 3' cables. Jacket 30¢, binding posts 50¢. Labor will be free, that's your investment cost. If restocking fee of 10% is 10x the cost of the cable , then the cable will retail at 100x cost, so we're talking about $200 per 3' pair.
Careful -- re-read the Iconoclast thread. If you don't charge enough for the cable, no one will take you seriously. I think might need to consider roughly an order of magnitude increase in price.

:cool:

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Hello All,

Better yet send them up in SpaceX and back.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
electrons dislike fighting for space on a crowded and increasingly smaller wire

And on the other side of the restriction (or, say, in the opposite direction) would be what, a decreasingly larger wire?

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And on the other side of the restriction (or, say, in the opposite direction) would be what, a decreasingly larger wire?
So you get it, right? Almost like a double double negative.

GradyBeach247

One thing that would definitely make it fly off the shelves would be Built-in Cable Lifters -
Swimmimg-Pool-Lane-Divider.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Loathecliff

Try to get an Amir to endorse it, not necessarily THE Amir, just any Amir.
Endorsed by an AMIR!

A mere trifle of an endorsement that would be.............I'm sorry, I won't do it again..... often

holbob

"cables rolled on the thighs of 70 year old half deaf audiophool virgins"

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The jacket should be a literal garden hose. Think of the emf protection story you could tell
I decided to make the jacket clear to show the purity.

We're now ready to accept orders: http://firstruncopper.com/

Is our founders name too obvious? I wanted to make it subtle.

Now we just have to get the word out and the money should pour in.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm looking to cash in on the large number of enthusiasts that have lots of money and are willing to believe anything. I'm looking for investors in my company "First Run Copper" - where we only use copper run through the extrusion process the first time. We will capitalize on the idea that "First pressed olive oil is better, so why wouldn't you want extra virgin copper?"
It took me a while but I have a better idea:

"Free Run Copper"

No presses, not even a bladder press, is used for our copper. It is completely non-extruded for your pure listening pleasure.

Only the finest pure copper runs free (like the wind) when we collect the biodynamically grown copper fruits in wicker baskets. Your copper is untouched by any plastic bins, as with inferior products. Each copper fruit is then carefully placed on the sorting table for examination by our expert staff of low-paid migrant labor.

This lovely free run copper is then carefully hand-coiled and matured in an elevage of cement tanks with final finishing in pure stainless steel tanks. We then decant the cables into a hand blown glass bottle for delivery to you by a uniformed officer of the federal government.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom