• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How does this look now?

View attachment 114228
1614023817708.png

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you all for helping a clueless fella! One more horrible question. I'm using Amazon Music HD on my PC and running Peace interface of APO into an apple dongle to the MDR-ZX110. OK so far? Here's the rub. It seems like the EQ is not changing anything. I turn it on and off and try toggling to other configurations such as Rock, then Voice and I'm not hearing the changes...Are there other settings that I should be enabling to make the EQ engage?

Yasuo

Have you tried the configurator with different sound effect settings?

Configurator-Time-20-24-38-Date-21-02-22.png

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried the configurator with different sound effect settings?

View attachment 114235
Is that troubleshooting options in Peace? Yes, I have tried the configurator with different sound effects...Voice sounds the same as Rock and the same as my Sony config...I also trying the 3.5mm jack without the Apple dongle. Same. Doesn't seem like the sound is running through the EQ.

Thalis

Is that troubleshooting options in Peace? Yes, I have tried the configurator with different sound effects...Voice sounds the same as Rock and the same as my Sony config...I also trying the 3.5mm jack without the Apple dongle. Same. Doesn't seem like the sound is running through the EQ.

Did you set Amazon HD running in exclusive mode? If yes turn that off and perhaps see what happens?

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I figured it out, one you add Peace you have to go back into settings then into the APO configurator to re-enable the headphone output. I did choose SFX/MFX, is that what is recommended? I really appreciate everyone's help!!! Sorry if I've been a pill.

Thalis

I figured it out, one you add Peace you have to go back into settings then into the APO configurator to re-enable the headphone output. I did choose SFX/MFX, is that what is recommended? I really appreciate everyone's help!!! Sorry if I've been a pill.

I only have LFX/GFX and it works just fine

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe the previous poster didn't mean to highlight SFX. I went back in and chose LFX/GFX and it sounds great! Thank you all again, I really learned quite a bit today about EQ (scratching the surface I know, but I didn't give up thanks to you all)

Last edited:

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
If we're going down the rabbit hole of cheap headphones, we need reviews of the Koss collection, JVC Flats, Monoprice $20 and If you can find them the old Panasonic HT-600 that went for $30 back in the day. ;)

ferongr

Forum Donor
The Sonys unironically sound better than the Beyerdynamic T1 2nd gens that I got rid of on Ebay with Amirs filters implemented into EqAPO. It's too bad the build quality is so bad that the headband creaks like a mofo.

MrOtto

Bought me a pair, impressive sound, but the foam in the ear pads are too noisy and the headband should have some kind of padding.

Ralferator

Excuse my poor english. I wanted to say it looks like a garbage but the sound is unbelievable

So you mean only the looks or also the manufacturing quality? Since it's cheap i think we can't expect too much but from the pictures it doesn't look bad to me. Of course for kids the looks might be more important

yigitboy

So you mean only the looks or also the manufacturing quality? Since it's cheap i think we can't expect too much but from the pictures it doesn't look bad to me. Of course for kids the looks might be more important
Looking is subjective, but manfacturing quality is suspicious. For the price nothing left to say :)

Top Bottom