• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

3eaudio

Audio Company
Thanks one more question: Does the DSP allow to sum the L/R channel to mono and send same output to both channels? I am planning to use this to power one speaker in the kitchen and another speaker in the outdoor area and would like to send same mono signal to both.
i think so,please contact us via email and your detail requirement,will as our eng to make a file for you.

RPP117

Hi,
I’m just joint this community because I having this amp for about 1.5 months and have using it daily as a bedroom system. Very interesting product as it is.
Yes, I did notice the clipping on it even use the 3.5mm output from the MacBook to feed it. Moreover, the line level of external DAC will make this amp clipped. At DAC output at 0db, I can only move the volume up only 3 LED dots and it’s become pretty loud. Luckily, my DAC also has the pre mode built in it, I think at about -6 to -8 dB was ok for this amp. However, it’s a bit annoying that I have to attenuated the line level signal before amplified it. And, I don’t know where is the best spot to do it. (Can’t find where is the exact 1V. point.)
Fortunately we have the maker here, 3e. So, I’ll waiting for the solid solution such as changing the resisters or others. And looking for the “normal user” guideline to access the DSP and play around with it.(I have read some guidelines on this thread but still not clearly understand.)

Sorry for my eng as it’s not my first language
Best Regards,

6th0

Hi,
At DAC output at 0db, I can only move the volume up only 3 LED dots and it’s become pretty loud. Luckily, my DAC also has the pre mode built in it, I think at about -6 to -8 dB was ok for this amp. However, it’s a bit annoying that I have to attenuated the line level signal before amplified it. And, I don’t know where is the best spot to do it. (Can’t find where is the exact 1V. point.)

I posted something similar last night about crackling in some speakers and noticed the difference between 0dB and -9.9dB gain setting on my DAC.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/l30-crackling-sy-dac1002-question.15315/

RPP117

I posted something similar last night about crackling in some speakers and noticed the difference between 0dB and -9.9dB gain setting on my DAC.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/l30-crackling-sy-dac1002-question.15315/

I’m not sure that crackling and the clipping are the similar ones. My clipping was like setting the more gain in guitar amp. Anyways, my solution now is putting the preamp between the dac and this amp. Max out (or 70-80%) the amp’s volume, and use the volume of the preamp to control it. The result was ok for me. At about -20db it’s loud enough and I think I might not notice the clipping. Only thing that a bit annoying me is the brightness of the leds. I wish they could be dimmable.
Technically, however, to get the best result that this amp will not clipping at all at max input of 1V., I still don’t know how to do this. (My dac’s spec output line level (at 0 dB) is about 2v.)

zermak

I’m not sure that crackling and the clipping are the similar ones. My clipping was like setting the more gain in guitar amp. Anyways, my solution now is putting the preamp between the dac and this amp. Max out (or 70-80%) the amp’s volume, and use the volume of the preamp to control it. The result was ok for me. At about -20db it’s loud enough and I think I might not notice the clipping. Only thing that a bit annoying me is the brightness of the leds. I wish they could be dimmable.
Technically, however, to get the best result that this amp will not clipping at all at max input of 1V., I still don’t know how to do this. (My dac’s spec output line level (at 0 dB) is about 2v.)
You should set your DAC/Pre to little under -6dBFS (calculator here) to have 1V RMS output from your DAC (which, if your info is correct, has a 2V RMS output at 0dBFS).

6th0

[QUOTE="RPP117, post: 485398, member: 18247"Max out (or 70-80%) the amp’s volume, and use the volume of the preamp to control it. [/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same. I use the L30 preamp and set its volume to about 1:00 on the dial, then use the amp volume to adjust from there. It seems to get rid of crackling.

OP
N

nodigital

I used the "No ASB" file (+EQ) but the amp doesn't seem to be working as expected -- it still put itself to sleep, and wouldn't play any sound after turning back on until I reconnected it to SigmaStudio and reprogrammed it. Any idea what might be going wrong?
Did you save the configuration to EEPROM, otherwise its gone on next power-up.

I've had some odd occurrences of the amp not playing on start-up which I suspect is when its powered on and connected to the USBi device that it doesnt boot correctly - not the fault of the amp, more the interruption of the process by the presence of the programmer which might be affecting the I2C communication when it boots from the EEPROM. Always start the amp with the USBi disconnected.

Last edited:
OP
N

nodigital

Thanks one more question: Does the DSP allow to sum the L/R channel to mono and send same output to both channels? I am planning to use this to power one speaker in the kitchen and another speaker in the outdoor area and would like to send same mono signal to both.

Yes, combine/split so mono is output to both. You can even Auto EQ each speaker individually to get the best sound from each:
1597647154695.png

This is a simple implementation that could result in possible phase/cancellation issues between channels - simple summing, I think. There's probably a more sophisticated way of doing it.

Attachments

• 1597646916576.png
    1597646916576.png
    17 KB · Views: 128
  • 1597647018100.png
    1597647018100.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, combine/split so mono is output to both. You can even Auto EQ each speaker individually to get the best sound from each:
View attachment 78579
This is a simple implementation that could result in possible phase/cancellation issues between channels - simple summing, I think. There's probably a more sophisticated way of doing it.
Man this seems like quite the capable DSP. I really should read up the documentation some. I cannot wait for 3255 amp to be released. Definitely getting one to f*** around with!

tmortimer

Thanks for the update @3eaudio. I'm assuming those resistors are just one per channel. Would it be possible to also put a ~10k resistor in series on each channel to support 2v?

3eaudio

Audio Company
Thanks for the update @3eaudio. I'm assuming those resistors are just one per channel. Would it be possible to also put a ~10k resistor in series on each channel to support 2v?
yes it can, 10k plugs 8.2k (on-board ),but these resistor should be close to input side to get lower noise so we suggest make that change on original location instead other places

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
@3eaudio Howdy, when is the version SY-DAP2002 with the TPA3255 going to be available? Thank you!

Vladimir Filevski

Addicted to Fun and Learning
for these who want to adjust input level to higher like 2V or even higher,please refer to this instructions, ...
In the next version, I would suggest some switch or jumper for easy changing.
Stunning Amp+Sw.Pwr.Supply+DSP with very attractive price, by the way! :)

schrectacular

Hi all,
Pretty happy with this amp so far, sounds lovely!

The only problem is I do get a pop when the audio signal cuts off. I have tried both bluetooth and the RCA ins from a RPi with a HiFiBerry Pro+ running MoOde and I get the pop on bluetooth if the clip ends, I get a pop. Also playing Spotify, when my playlist ends, there's a pop. Most of the moOde options this happens as well, like as a spotify-connect point and the music ends, I'll get a pop. I didn't get these popping problems on my previous setup which was reaaally janky - just a $1 PAM8403 board. And I definitely don't expect them over bluetooth.

Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

ajaytanna

@ 3eaudio
I would certainly like this cleared up. I thought I read a few posts earlier that all pop issues were sorted out by the manufacturer. And now this. Would 3eaudio please step in and clear up this so people may buy from him with confidence.
Thanks.

Top Bottom