Search results

1. T

How to connect an extra speaker to TV that has a soundbar

My parents have just a soundbar with their tv and it is hard for one of them to hear the tv from their seat but the other one hears it fine. One solution was headphones but I want to get them something that lets them not have to wear headphones. They do not want to do surround sound. Is there a...
  2. T

Denon channel level adjust

I have a Denon s760h with a 5.0.2 system. Is the channel level adjust from the options button on the same scale as the volume buttons? Meaning if I my main AVR volume is set to 40db if I set the channel level adjust for the center speaker to +5db will that one speaker be basically at a 45db...
  3. T

Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 vs Emotiva B1+ without a sub

Hi. I am in an apartment and cannot get a sub(I don't want to get into pros and cons of no sub). I currently have the emotiva B1+ for L and R C1+ for center and neumi bs5s for surrounds with a Denon s760h avr. This is for home theater tv and movies no music. I saw that the Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2...
  4. T

Had more bass with 2.0 than with 5.0.2 after AVR and Audyssey. How to fix?

I have a 5.0.2 setup in an apartment. I have already done the research and posted and received advice about whether I can have a sub but I have decided not to get one. I updated from 2.0 to an AVR and 5.0.2 and after doing that and audyssey it feels like there is little to no bass. When I had...
  5. T

Getting no sound from atmos speakers - Denon avr did in setup

Hi. I set up a Denon s760h with 5.0.2 with two micca covo-s speakers set to top middle. During the Denon setup when it plays sounds in each speaker I heard sounds from the atmos speakers. I have Denon mode set to movie D Surround. I hear surround sound in surround speakers but when I play demos...
  6. T

How to set up 5.0.2 in audyssey with a bass shaker instead of sub?

I'm in an apartment and cannot get a sub. I have a Denon s760h with emotiva b1+ and c1+ for front LCR with 2 neumi bs5s for surrounds and a couple cheap micca covo-s speakers for atmos going at the tops of the side walls pointed at my chair. I am the only listener. I got some great advice about...
  7. T

Would I notice any difference in Micca Covo-s vs Polk OMW-3 for atmos speakers?

Hi. I am looking for 2 speakers to use for my atmos speakers. I am the only person listening and the room is about 12x12. Would I notice any difference between the Micca Covo-s ($50) vs the Polk OMW-3 ($180)? Powered with a Denon AVR-S760H with Emotiva B1+ for Front L and R and C1+ for center...
  8. T

Sealed vs Ported sub for Home Theater in this room layout

I just got a Denon s760h avr and Emotiva B1+ Front L and R and C1+ for center with Neumi Bs5s for surrounds. I am looking at the svs sb1000 or pb1000 for the sub. I am in an apartment on second floor of three floors and one shared wall in living room with one neighbor and I do not want to annoy...
  9. T

Sub in an apartment - what if I put it right next to me and turn it to lowest setting?

I just bought a Denon s760h avr with emotiva b1+ and c1+ for LCR and neumi bs5s for surrounds for my first real home theater setup. I am now trying to decide on how to handle the sub since I live in an apartment and do not want neighbors to hear any of my bass or sound system. I have been...
  10. T

What center would match up with Kanto YU Passive 5.25 L and R front speakers in 5.0 HT

I just bought a new 77" oled tv and needed speakers so I bought a 2.0 setup last week but now I want to upgrade to 5.0. I'm in a square room that is about 30 square feet and one side of the room is open floor plan to kitchen with my back to kitchen and tv on opposite wall. I am the only person...
  11. T

Upgrading from 2.0 to 5.0/1 - will this work?

I got a LG C1 tv and did not like the tv speakers so I bought a loxjie amp and Kanto YUP6 passive 5.25 speakers. It sounds good but I am now thinking I should return the amp and get an AVR and go for 5.0 or 5.1. I am in an apartment and am not sure if I want to add a sub as I do not want to...
  12. T

Cheapest new receiver for home theater with 3.0/3.1?

I have a LG C1 tv and I just bought a loxjie a30 amp and kanto yu6 passive speakers. I was just thinking maybe instead of the amp I should have gotten a receiver. I use a PC not smart apps or traditional tv channels for my content and most of my content is 1080p streamed from the PC. I am...
  13. T

Just bought loxjie a30 amp with kanto yu6 passive 5.25 speakers - good combo?

I have a LG C1 tv and the speakers sound bad so I have spent the last day looking through reddit and forums for something to get to replace it. I did not want a 4k receiver and was looking at powered speakers first but then decided on the Loxjie A30 amp with Kanto yu6 5.25 passive speakers. This...
Top Bottom