• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just bought loxjie a30 amp with kanto yu6 passive 5.25 speakers - good combo?

theonline3333

I have a LG C1 tv and the speakers sound bad so I have spent the last day looking through reddit and forums for something to get to replace it. I did not want a 4k receiver and was looking at powered speakers first but then decided on the Loxjie A30 amp with Kanto yu6 5.25 passive speakers. This is for TV and movies and some gaming and I am the only one here to listen to it. I also do not want really strong bass as I do not want to annoy the neigbors.

Is that a good combo for my use?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I don't know anything about those speakers but they are probably a LOT better than what's built-into the TV (and better than what's built-into my TV).

The main thing you'll miss with a small speaker is bass & volume. You don't want the bass and it should go plenty-loud with that amplifier (without distortion) for most "TV listening".

...I've got some speakers in my bedroom that are cheaper & smaller than those, and also a "smaller" amplifier and the setup is fine, since in my bedroom I'm not watching concert videos or movies where I care about "great sound" or surround sound and bass effects, etc.

OP
T

theonline3333

I don't know anything about those speakers but they are probably a LOT better than what's built-into the TV (and better than what's built-into my TV).

The main thing you'll miss with a small speaker is bass & volume. You don't want the bass and it should go plenty-loud with that amplifier (without distortion) for most "TV listening".

...I've got some speakers in my bedroom that are cheaper & smaller than those, and also a "smaller" amplifier and the setup is fine, since in my bedroom I'm not watching concert videos or movies where I care about "great sound" or surround sound and bass effects, etc.
Thanks. That is helpful. I am thinking now maybe I should have bought a receiver instead of this amp.

tvih

Thanks. That is helpful. I am thinking now maybe I should have bought a receiver instead of this amp.
Why though? With just the two speakers you wouldn't benefit from one. Unless you're now in fact thinking of adding more channels later, of course. Even volume-wise you will have more than enough since you have neighbor considerations.

OP
T

theonline3333

Why though? With just the two speakers you wouldn't benefit from one. Unless you're now in fact thinking of adding more channels later, of course. Even volume-wise you will have more than enough since you have neighbor considerations.
Thanks. That is a good point. The only reason I am thinking that now is I may want to do 3.0 instead of 2.1 since I have neighbor concerns. I am worried any sub will be heard through the floor/walls. I also really do not like when bass drowns out voices and I am wondering if maybe a center speaker would be better for me than a sub and the amp can't do the 3.0.

tvih

Thanks. That is a good point. The only reason I am thinking that now is I may want to do 3.0 instead of 2.1 since I have neighbor concerns. I am worried any sub will be heard through the floor/walls. I also really do not like when bass drowns out voices and I am wondering if maybe a center speaker would be better for me than a sub and the amp can't do the 3.0.
Since you're the only listener, I'd say don't bother with a center. Extra cost - especially considering the receiver cost too - while being a hassle to place and integrate seamlessly. I never use one myself.

And I know neighbor woes well unfortunately. I did start using my sub again recently but overall volume is quite limited. Despite insensitive speakers less than 5W per channel power use is the highest I've seen in the last few months when measuring at my actual listening levels. That's about a 90 dB loudness peak, while usually the peaks are less than 85 dB, so around a watt per channel. 85+ dB is hearing damage threshold with long exposure (which peaks of course aren't) so you can see why 50W per channel is a lot! Of course it depends on the specific gear and room etc. but I reckon you'll be well served by the Loxjie. Definitely worth testing it to hear for yourself at least!

OP
T

theonline3333

Since you're the only listener, I'd say don't bother with a center. Extra cost - especially considering the receiver cost too - while being a hassle to place and integrate seamlessly. I never use one myself.

And I know neighbor woes well unfortunately. I did start using my sub again recently but overall volume is quite limited. Despite insensitive speakers less than 5W per channel power use is the highest I've seen in the last few months when measuring at my actual listening levels. That's about a 90 dB loudness peak, while usually the peaks are less than 85 dB, so around a watt per channel. 85+ dB is hearing damage threshold with long exposure (which peaks of course aren't) so you can see why 50W per channel is a lot! Of course it depends on the specific gear and room etc. but I reckon you'll be well served by the Loxjie. Definitely worth testing it to hear for yourself at least!
Thanks. I think I will wait and listen to this amp and speakers then decide if I want to return the amp to get an AVR instead so I can add more speakers if needed.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
I have a LG C1 tv and the speakers sound bad so I have spent the last day looking through reddit and forums for something to get to replace it. I did not want a 4k receiver and was looking at powered speakers first but then decided on the Loxjie A30 amp with Kanto yu6 5.25 passive speakers. This is for TV and movies and some gaming and I am the only one here to listen to it. I also do not want really strong bass as I do not want to annoy the neigbors.

Is that a good combo for my use?

Hello Reddit.
Buy a used AVR for $25 bucks.
Buy some used speakers for $25 Bucks.
Get a Woojjer for your gaming.

Or:

Instead of using those dinky overpriced tactile transducer pucks?

Mount this to the back of your gaming chair or under your couch. Just the drivers in free air.
Buy 2 of them from advanced as its the best deal I have seen so far. I got two of them for less than $80 bucks!

You will feel the bass, and your neighbors won't hear anything at all since it's not really pressurizing the air in the room if you take them out of the box.
EXAMPLE:
Any CHEAP subwoofer will do.
1656593424927.png

You don't need the extra stuff bellow.
crpACLj.jpg

There is an Entire thread on how to do this. And its best to mount them under your seat on the frame of your couch or the back of the seat as shown would be best for you to keep nice with your neighbors.

For less then $200 bucks? You can have a system that is not only better then anything you can buy new? But with room to grow. DSP functions and Bluetooth and WiFi/ Network audio to boot if you look around.
1656594505942.png

need some great small speakers for your Desk? Or surrounds?
1656594626184.png

WHY SMALL SPEAKERS DO NOT WORK TO KEEP NOISE DOWN IN APARTMENTS.

Contrary to the popular belief? You want Big speakers in a small room that are Highly directional. That means they BEAM the sound right to your ears. They also can be placed in the room away from walls.

Moving them closer to your listening position is the way to go.

aiming them directly towards you as close as possible to where your listening position greatly reduce any noise that is heard by others, while still experiencing the full impact of your music movies and gaming.

(Credit :Jack Randall)

If you have Paper thin Walls? Get these. They are easy to use and work to dampen the sound transmitted.
Only 35 bucks!

They look good to! And come in a bunch of colors. Cheaper than a Rug or blanket on the wall.
71ZDSTD0E1L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

That's how I would do it. And not only do you save money in the long run? You may be able to sell your stuff for more then you got it for. So you will come out ahead. The Price Vs. Performance is way better overall.

You get to enjoy your space and not bother others. Its a win win.

Top Bottom