Search results

1. S

Purchased music faulty on only one track possible?

so I purchased a couple of albums from a Japanese site because they have some stuff that is out of print on CD. I redownloaded the file multiple times now on different days because they told me a different cache would be created by the server. here is the file (all other tracks and albums I...
  2. S

FS: (EU/GER) Cambridge CXN V2

Selling my Cambridge CXN V2. I'm the first owner. Still have everything that came with the device including the original boxes from Cambridge. Shipping within Germany will be for free. New price is 999€ .. I'm looking to get 800 euro. I'm currently still using the unit :-)
  3. S

FS: (EU/GER) Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire + XLR Cable

Will Add pictures and more information later DC Aeon 2 Noire with the basic Dan Clark XLR cable. Everything is in mint condition including all the boxes and stuff that came with the Headphones. Im the First Owner and I still have the Original Invoice (Project-accustik.de). Reason to sell...
  4. S

Convolution filter , DSD and taps? Vs parametric EQ

I posted this in the roon forum but so far no response.. Im currently experimenting with Convolution filters for my Headphones. I Downloaded the 44.1khz and 48khz files from Github, added them to Roon and it works just fine. but I was wondering what the “taps” exactly mean, what are 20k taps...
  5. S

SOLD!!!: Focal Elegia + Dekonis Stellia Pads Germany 450 Euro

Selling my Focal Elegia Headphones. I'm the first owner. Included is everything. Travel Case, the Box, the Original Cable, the original ear pads (new , unused) + the Dekonis sheepskin stellia Pads. (And if someone wants the bamboo headphone Stand .) I'm From Germany (zip 796xx) I paid...
  6. S

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

If there is already a thread please go ahead and delete this one. Just saw at audiophonics that gustard has a R2R DAC with roon support and airplay. Looks really fancy...
  7. S

DC Offset and DC blockers question

So simple question really. Power outlets here have 230 volt 50 Hz and it's normal to have 10% +- fluctuations. Looking at DC blockers (the stuff from IFI etc) they filter out 600 mv - 1200 mv and there is one from the Ukraine that filters around 3000mv. So what exactly is a DC Offset...
  8. S

Gustard X16 vs. SMSL Su 9n vs. Loxjie D40?

They are all kinda in the same price range. What would be your pick and why? Easy to upgrade firmware is a plus for the Loxjie and the Smsl.. Buildquality I quess the Gustard and the Loxjie.
  9. S

Roon on MacBook Air M1 + streaming questions

So I try to keep it short. Currently I'm using a Cambridge CXN V2 with the Streammagic app in my living room. (Qobuz+ usb stick). We needed a new Laptop anyway. Would I be able to run Roon on the MacBook , add a bunch of CDs into the roon library and access Qobuz while using a iPad air 3 or...
  10. S

List of DACs that output 5 volt?

Did just read that the Singxer SA1 amp would benefit from a DAC that has 5 volt output. One DAC mentioned was the topping D70S and the Gustard X26.. Are there more DACs with 5 volt output? And I've been trying to figure out how much my Cambridge cxn V2 outputs, but couldn't find anything.
  11. S

Alternatives to Naim Unity Atom Headphone amp

Basically looking for all in one solution that has "endgame" Quality. I would love something like the Cambridge Evo 150 as a headphone edition or a cheaper version of the naim unity atom.. Is there anything else on the market worth looking at doesn't cost 3000€ and does not come with a bad...
  12. S

R2R DACs .. Comeback?

I might be wrong and they have been around the whole time but since the denafrips Ares and the musician Pegasus there seems to be a big interest in R2R DACs again. Will we see R2R DACs from topping and smsl soon? And are the Schiit "multibit" DACs like the bifrost r2r DACs as well?
  13. S

Why is not all audio equipment using "balanced"?

So I just got recently some equipment that uses XLR connections, got some "decent" headphones that I will use with a balanced headphone amp and a balanced cable. But why are there so many standards to begin with 2.5mm, 3.5mm , 4.4mm etc ? Wouldn't it be much simpler, better if everything would...
  14. S

Dekonis Earpads sheepskin vs fenestrated SK

Im thinking About getting sheepskin replacement earpads for my Focal Elegia. But I'm not sure if I should go for the fenestrated ones (with the holes) or the ones without. They are like 100-110€ per pair. Opinions?
  15. S

Headphone amp for Focal Elegia

I just got a pair of Focal Elegia Headphones today. I'm currently using them with a iPad air and my Cambridge CXA81. Would I benefit from a Headphone amp (something from Schiit?)? My DAC streamer is the Cambridge CXN V2. I was considering something like the Shiit heresy , magnius , vali2.. so...
Top Bottom