• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

TurbulentCalm

I'm looking to cash in on the large number of enthusiasts that have lots of money and are willing to believe anything. I'm looking for investors in my company "First Run Copper" - where we only use copper run through the extrusion process the first time. We will capitalize on the idea that "First pressed olive oil is better, so why wouldn't you want extra virgin copper?" It doesn't really matter that all copper is made the same way, as long as the cable looks the money.

We're going to give a lifetime return policy, with only a 10% restocking fee. The 10% restocking fee will be 10x the cost of making the cable, so just imagine how much we'll make if no one returns it!

Get this cable into the hands of What HiFi, the Audiophiliac and Fremer and we should be able to retire in a year or two.

View attachment 119893

Don’t limit yourself to speaker cables, you should have an artisanal range of power cables and then branch out from there, really the complete product range should only be limited by bounds of your imagination.

For example: Image how sublime speakers employing First Run Copper in their voice coils would be.

Gregss

Don’t limit yourself to speaker cables, you should have an artisanal range of power cables and then branch out from there, really the complete product range should only be limited by bounds of your imagination.

For example: Image how sublime speakers employing First Run Copper in their voice coils would be.

Like it. But how about a virgin cable that has never had a ohms test so it has never had an electron bouncing around in it to deflock it. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Like it. But how about a virgin cable that has never had a ohms test so it has never had an electron bouncing around in it to deflock it. :)
Maybe the cables should come with a white linen sheet to put under them for their... umm... maiden voyage.
:facepalm:

(I think I am starting to hate myself...)

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am going to wait for cables that exploit the entanglement theory, so that everything sounds fast and perfectly phase synced.
You're very prescient. I've contacted Dr. Tist at First Run and they have one of these on order:

From the article: "This paves the way for applications in biotechnology, and could extend far beyond this into areas ranging from navigation to medical imaging. "

I've since written the author of the article to find out why he left out audio cables. It's possible the author works for a "generic" cable company that doesn't have the resources to invest in this new tech.

1623330974838.png

TurbulentCalm

You're very prescient. I've contacted Dr. Tist at First Run and they have one of these on order

Using entangled phonons we could create an audio cable with a single copper core that could carry the both the left and right stereo signals with in it.

To connect it to the speakers you just lay it on the ground so it touches the mid point between the two speakers (for head phones you tie it to the centre of the head band).

And slight adjustments of the cable’s position between these speakers would allow any imbalance in the audio signal to be adjusted without further circuitry.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Using entangled phonons we could create an audio cable with a single copper core that could carry the both the left and right stereo signals with in it.

To connect it to the speakers you just lay it on the ground so it touches the mid point between the two speakers (for head phones you tie it to the centre of the head band).

And slight adjustments of the cable’s position between these speakers would allow any imbalance in the audio signal to be adjusted without further circuitry.

Entanglement is a wireless technology. No cables needed, I'm afraid.

artburda

What is Dr. Tist‘s stance on MQA? Maybe he could clarify in an interview. I‘m sure there must be some significant advantages when combining MQA and first run copper cables.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I think we could have fun adding more testimonials - the current ones are good.

Wendy says: "I was cleaning up in the kitchen after dinner and my husband put on some music in the living room. My senses were immediately overwhelmed with a sense of airiness and space between the notes, with decay and microdetails I never experienced before. The only difference was First Run Copper Cables."

If you add "not only did it sound amazing, I felt an urgent need to have sex". That one line added to a review will sell a million pieces of wire right there. Men will buy it in droves. When the product can't be improved anymore, it is time to sell the sizzle!

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Entanglement is a wireless technology. No cables needed, I'm afraid.
Actually you still need the cable from your amp to your speakers. So I'm thinking the future product will look something like this:
1623333981594.png

Please excuse the misspelling.

dkinric

I look forward to a new quantum entanglement wireless protocol someday. Then, we can work to ensure the particles that carry the musical information are pure and the entanglement machines (entanglers?) don't add any measurable distortion (particle perfect?)

Until then, I am really enjoying my First Run Copper Cables. As they continue to break in with extended use, I am hearing even more air around the instruments and I've noticed my dog reacting to the music more as the ultrasonic harmonics open up.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
What is Dr. Tist‘s stance on MQA? Maybe he could clarify in an interview. I‘m sure there must be some significant advantages when combining MQA and first run copper cables.
I'll have to ask. Most likely, since MQA isn't a vinyl technology, he'll probably hate it, since all things digital lack warmth, dynamics, emotion and liquidity.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
I look forward to a new quantum entanglement wireless protocol someday. Then, we can work to ensure the particles that carry the musical information are pure and the entanglement machines (entanglers?) don't add any measurable distortion (particle perfect?)
If First Run could find a way to embed quantum entanglement atoms into the cable, that would disentangle the musical information from amplifier induced distortion, the speaker would receive only music. This is something that could probably be done with only limited knowledge of the Quantum Entanglement Theory.

Until then, I am really enjoying my First Run Copper Cables. As they continue to break in with extended use, I am hearing even more air around the instruments and I've noticed my dog reacting to the music more as the ultrasonic harmonics open up.
Full break in won't happen for many years, so your system will only sound better and better.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Well, our testing in the lab of First Run Copper Wire is finished. The interest here in the lab dominated most of the work of our lab here at Sandia National Laboratory. Well, our tests which are proprietary for First Run are finished. There is no doubt and we have 100% proof that the wire does everything that First Run claims. We were surprised in that our testing, we tested for factors that are far more extreme than just audio use. Every time we thought up a new test, we were surprised at how the wire performed much better than any known copper wire. Some of our Scientists started to calling it "magic wire" here in the lab. It is a huge breakthrough in copper wire and will have use all through our society. No one thought we would ever see a simple but amazing breakthrough like this in our lifetimes. Fairly easy, simple and changes the whole wire market. Our hats are off to First Run for their amazing breakthrough. We notified First Run that they will be included in the running for a Noble prize. At Sandia, we are grateful they came to us with this wonderful product.

There you have it. Even though I'm retired I decided to let the guys have some to test. Good thing I did!

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually you still need the cable from your amp to your speakers. So I'm thinking the future product will look something like this:
View attachment 134894
Please excuse the misspelling.

Interesting. So, FRC cables can improve on even the best that quantum technology can offer? That's quite an achievement - congratulations to Dr. Tist!

Gregss

Well, our testing in the lab of First Run Copper Wire is finished. The interest here in the lab dominated most of the work of our lab here at Sandia National Laboratory. Well, our tests which are proprietary for First Run are finished. There is no doubt and we have 100% proof that the wire does everything that First Run claims. We were surprised in that our testing, we tested for factors that are far more extreme than just audio use. Every time we thought up a new test, we were surprised at how the wire performed much better than any known copper wire. Some of our Scientists started to calling it "magic wire" here in the lab. It is a huge breakthrough in copper wire and will have use all through our society. No one thought we would ever see a simple but amazing breakthrough like this in our lifetimes. Fairly easy, simple and changes the whole wire market. Our hats are off to First Run for their amazing breakthrough. We notified First Run that they will be included in the running for a Noble prize. At Sandia, we are grateful they came to us with this wonderful product.

There you have it. Even though I'm retired I decided to let the guys have some to test. Good thing I did!

Hello,

Boy, sound incredible. Have I got a slightly used bridge that you just have to see for sale. :)

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I'm pretty good at laying cable, if you need me to. I figure once a day usually. And depending on dietary mistakes, up to five times.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Just looking at the Grey Knight wire, I can tell they have no magic. Clearly a fraudulent product. First Run does have the certified magic in them. When A National Lab verifies that your product really does have "The Magic", it doesn't get any better than that!

Top Bottom