• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

IronPyrite

The idea of "first run" is the homeopathy of cables. Using cryo to alter the crystalline structure of the copper after the wires is formed? Maybe, but evidence is needed... However, every copper atom is identical to the next, first run, second run, or otherwise.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Not all copper atoms are identical. The key is to get them into the right valence state for pure audiophile sound.
Now!! With Maxwell's Daemon Technology!

Too bad that we just lost Ron "But wait, there's more" Popiel. :confused:

Actually,valency-wise, I would've thought that we'd want them all to be at ground state, at least before the signal is applied. ;)

IronPyrite

Not all copper atoms are identical. The key is to get them into the right valence state for pure audiophile sound.
I stand corrected. That said, I see no claims being made by First Run about different distributions of valence states between First Run or <later>.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
ooh, ooh! @IronPyrite! Now, that'd be a great upgrade for FirstRun's cabling -- Iron Pyrite connectors!
;)

I mean, they'd be fools not to embrace iron pyrite for cable terminations, you know?!

:cool:;):facepalm:

MCH

Major Contributor
I would suggest a carbon nanotube flagship line for 100x the "regular first run" price.
If successful, then you can directly jump to superconductors and go for the really big bucks, i would love to see people refilling the cryogenic fluids of their audio systems :D (big liquid nitrogen tanker in front of the house and neighbours complaining about the "smoke")

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I stand corrected. That said, I see no claims being made by First Run about different distributions of valence states between First Run or <later>.
Because with first run copper, it’s implied. Audiophiles aren’t stupid, they understand the principles of valence states.

MCH

Major Contributor
On a serious note, the valence state claim is already made with the "OFC" label

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Because with first run copper, it’s implied. Audiophiles aren’t stupid, they understand the principles of valence states.
Especially when they read it in the ad copy. ;):cool:

PS: I am pretty sure that West Virginia, e.g., is a valence state -- but you'll have to fact-check me on that. :rolleyes:
I know that Massachusetts is a commonwealth... so marketing these cables might be problematic there. Need to check with the Attorney General (or someone) there.

;)

On a serious note, the valence state claim is already made with the "OFC" label
Well -- I mean -- one could make cables out of pure cupric chloride (or cuprous chloride) and they'd be oxygen free but not zero valence. ;)
They wouldn't work too well, either.
There are other oxidizing agents besides oxygen.

Last edited:

dkinric

You do realize it's first extrusion copper, right?

That's cool, everybody's approach is different. Some throw their money at things like "good value", or "good measurements". Some, however, have figured out that esoteric materials in their cables is what makes their system different from all the rest.

MCH

Major Contributor
There is no way to have pure copper in any valence state besides 0 (metallic copper). Whatever other valence state (tipically +1 or +2) MUST be accompanied by a counteranion (typically oxygen, hence oxidised copper),no matter what is the oxidising agent (doesn't need to be oxygen).
In few words, Cu+1 or Cu+2 is oxidised Copper, no matter if there is oxygen around or sulphur or whatever. Come on guys, if we want to get rich with our copper, we need to know our stuff, or do you wanna be like audioquest???

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Forget first run copper.

'Magic-Angle' twisted trilayer Graphene.

Against this first run copper sounds like sauerkraut.

'Magic angle' twisted trilayer graphene doesn't only have an impressively exotic name, it might be a particularly rare type of superconductor, according to new research – one that could be useful everywhere from medical equipment to quantum computers

and...speaker cables.

Ok, dont know at the moment how. But there is magic and superconductivity. So what you need more for marketing a speaker cable?

Last edited:
Reactions: MCH

escksu

Holly molly, that's theoretical stuff, but good enough for our marketing material. Still think superconductors can bring bigger bucks

Room temperature superconductors do not exist today.

Top Bottom