• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gaming Headphones that can double up as Music Listening

Littlemoule

Hi,
I am mostly dealing with the problem of strapping a lapel mic to my AKG K92. So I am in the market looking for gaming headphones (mostly rainbow six siege so soundstage is important).
But I also want it to double up as a music headphone. Musically, tight bass is my preference with finesse in the highs.
I was looking at the Audeze LCD-GX which is aimed at gamers but also doubles up as audiophile headphone but it appears the mic is in a fix location so I would be able to move that out of the way when I'm listening to spotify or streaming movies.
Can you guys suggest something for my application?

Misguided

I use a modmic with my HD560, it's great.

I was using my Sundaras before with a Zaman ZMMIC1 Lapel Mic, it attaches to the headphone lead rather than your clothes. I had to use a small wire to keep it in place but it works pretty well and I used some velcro cable ties to stop the mic lead getting tangled.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
A costume 3.5 mm cable with a good microphone which can go with any headphones that have 3.5 mm female input on ear cup side.
White at it take and look at their headsets with mics, you will still probably need a spliter cable with PC. Found it for 50€ in CS. Option B the mini condenser microphone with clip like Boya BYM1 for example. Have fun and happy hunting!

staticV3

Master Contributor
But don't you have to run a separate cable for modmic?
There are cable clips in the box with which you can clip the ModMic cable to the existing headphone cable:
p-antlion-modmic-accessories-combo-pack-klip-mikrofonowy.jpg

It's really painless.

OP
L

Littlemoule

But then there is still the problem of retractable when watching movies or listening music. Just moving the mic away from the front of the face.

staticV3

Master Contributor
But then there is still the problem of retractable when watching movies or listening music. Just moving the mic away from the front of the face.
It snaps out of the way when you pull on the cable:
CerZVJG.jpg

Super convenient.

Misguided

Or just change the cable back to original one for movies and music, that’s what I do with my HD560s

Misguided

But don't you have to run a separate cable for modmic?
there are some that fully replace your headphone cable and have a mic built into the cable, the one I bought was £17 from Amazon and works great.l but it will only work with headphones that have a single input.

OP
L

Littlemoule

I stumbled across Drop + Sennheiser PC38X, seems like the mic can move out of the way without going through the hassle of changing cables or detaching it. Anyone has any idea of its performance?
71whLHkw10L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I stumbled across Drop + Sennheiser PC38X, seems like the mic can move out of the way without going through the hassle of changing cables or detaching it. Anyone has any idea of its performance?

great headphone !

OP
L

Littlemoule

Nice ok im gonna place an order on those. They are in my budget and design wise they look like they will do what I want them to do.

Top Bottom