• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wild and wacky gear from the PRC

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

What the heck am I looking at? A line source tripole with four bass bins? Is that US$1MM of speaker cable?

I don't speak Mandarin, so I don't know!

If you want to see more gear from the PRC rarely seen in the West, there are many other videos on the HiEndy YouTube channel from the Shanghai International Audio & Video trade show, held recently at the Jinjiang Hotel.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I understood digital crossover and real hi end sound. Interesting. McIntosh speakers are sort of like this. I see tubes in evidence. We desperately need these on the Klippel. Amir will need help, but @BDWoody probably is off the list to help right now.

xrt21kl-angle.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I saw in one of the other vids some wild Magnepans. Instead of wood and off white cloth it was off white cloth and cobalt blue trim. Man they should have those available here. Also saw the Magico vid. Those were some long amps with a big green eye they were showing.

In general, looks like they are having fun, and are like audiophiles at every audio show.

Last edited:

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hopefully more stuff makes it Westward, more competition is better for the consumer at the end of the day. Lol, although hopefully some stuff a bit more regular Hi-fi type gear.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget the famous Infinity Reference Standard 1:

RS-1.jpg

OP
D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hopefully more stuff makes it Westward, more competition is better for the consumer at the end of the day. Lol, although hopefully some stuff a bit more regular Hi-fi type gear.
There was what appeared to be very high value-for-money gear in another video from this series.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
you guys probably wont be surprised to find out these guys are not saying anything you wouldnt expect

they are querying crossovers, the fact this is tri-wire, the general huge line arrays and whether they are all that useful, cabinet structure and if the cabinets break apart for transport... usual stuff

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
you guys probably wont be surprised to find out these guys are not saying anything you wouldnt expect

they are querying crossovers, the fact this is tri-wire, the general huge line arrays and whether they are all that useful, cabinet structure and if the cabinets break apart for transport... usual stuff
Any mention of price or specs?

It reminds me of some infinity stuff I think...

Sokel

Master Contributor
What are these amps with Mcintosh meters and ASR (the amps,not this forum) acrylic case?
They seem like a weird hybrid this way :oops:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I don't speak Mandarin, so I don't know!

The narrators are speaking Cantonese, not Mandarin :) But the guy in the suit is speaking Mandarin, in a strong Beijing accent.

"These look like Avantgardes"
"Let's go see the big ones"
"They are finished beautifully"

etc. Nothing mind blowing.

Unfortunately my Mandarin isn't as good as my Cantonese. I could only follow half of what he was saying. I heard him say "Hong Kong" a few times and "listen and drink tea".

OP
D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The narrators are speaking Cantonese, not Mandarin :) But the guy in the suit is speaking Mandarin, in a strong Beijing accent.

"These look like Avantgardes"
"Let's go see the big ones"
"They are finished beautifully"

etc. Nothing mind blowing.

Unfortunately my Mandarin isn't as good as my Cantonese. I could only follow half of what he was saying. I heard him say "Hong Kong" a few times and "listen and drink tea".
Makes sense. HiEndy is an HK YouTube channel.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I understood digital crossover and real hi end sound. Interesting. McIntosh speakers are sort of like this. I see tubes in evidence. We desperately need these on the Klippel. Amir will need help, but @BDWoody probably is off the list to help right now.

xrt21kl-angle.jpg

One more week maybe...

:cool:

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Looks like the whole room was showcasing the various brands of Dibeisi: Diamond Hill, Golden Mine and the big ones at the end: Jinbao Palace. Website here: https://www.dbslb.com

Top Bottom