• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Eric,

I looked at all of your posted replies and I didn't see any description how you think Amir should have measured your speaker. I must have missed it. Could you explain your position in more detail please?
I don't think there's any there there. This tweeter axis/speaker feet stuff seems like classic FUD.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even if I were a hardcore, measurement-disbelieving lover of speakers with too many tweeters, I wouldn't be willing to do business with Tekton after reading the unhinged and ludicrous rantings in this thread.

It's TotalDAC all over again, except with a threat of litigation...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.
You have had 6 months and many opportunities to show measurements that would shed good light on your product, here and on your own website or youtube channel. You have done none of this. These are the facts.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You have had 6 months and many opportunities to show measurements that would shed good light on your product,
Let alone anything that a) demonstrates a flaw in Amir's work and b) shows that his review was intentionally defamatory.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The sparks are really flying now.

mglobe

Forum Donor
The FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.
You have made similar accusations here and on another speaker measurement site, yet you have given no information on what errors were made, nor provided any measurements of your own to prove the lack of validity in those that the reviewers have presented.

The responsibility firmly falls on your shoulders to show proof of your accusations. Add to that the implicit and/or explicit threats of litigation on your part, and no one of clear mind is going to make another set of measurements until you do so first.

Most people who subscribe to this forum trust measurements more than subjective opinion. Provide proof and you will be more likely to get the kind of reaction I would think you would want here.

napfkuchen

Whenever I read Eric from now on my mind shall finish the thought with pathetic. Reminds me of the Billy Mitchell saga.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like you couldn't be bothered to learn a lesson in managing your business correctly, let alone manage your people relations. I'd be mortified as a business owner to engage in the level of petty bickering and egregious hostility that you've engaged in. Maybe you should seek out a PR firm to help you understand the damage you are causing to your brand. Forget the fact that you can't be bothered to fix the speaker, nor the ability to provide any matter of factual data to back up your claims. Good luck with your frivolous attempt at extorting anybody.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

We're calling you out.

Where are the supporting data/information which prove your argument?

Seeing is believing. Not seeing, is conjecture.

You said you would provide the science. Are you a person of your word?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You said you would provide the science. Are you a person of your word?
So far, from what has been on evidence, he's yet to be a man of his word.

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
Erici, Sure. my official position is 'the FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.' Furthermore, because Amir's review was unsolicited I am under no obligation to disclose his mistakes to him or anyone. I feel blindsided, I am his victim, and I feel a need to expose his mistakes. I believe Amir is capable of measuring a loudspeaker; it's his understanding of acoustical physics that I intend to expose and cast a light upon.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Erici, Sure. my official position is 'the FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.' Furthermore, because Amir's review was unsolicited I am under no obligation to disclose his mistakes to him or anyone. I feel blindsided, I am his victim, and I feel a need to expose his mistakes. I believe Amir is capable of measuring a loudspeaker; it's his understanding of acoustical physics that I intend to expose and cast a light upon.
Oh my, playing the victim card, are we? For a man who owns a business and is educated, this argument falls well short of what is expected of you. You fail to understand that your claims are being questioned based on your lack of understanding of science behind the design that you created. But you are willing to question someone else's knowledge and ability to accurately describe the fallacies based on scientific proof. You seem to lack the ability to take any advice that'd be good for your own well-being and of your companies, but feel free to engage further to your own detriment.

P.S: Few years back I was a looking into purchasing one of the Tekton speakers, glad to have never pursued it further. Glad to have not dealt with your company.

Last edited:

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander, have you or Tekton ever brought a defamation lawsuit?

It seems there's a history of threats with no filings.
You would have an obligation of disclosure in a defamation suit.

You keep saying "false light." That's a separate cause of action and does not mean what you seem to think it means.

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
Erici, Understand that Amir claims to an "electrical engineer by degree and hobby". He's an electrical engineer. Loudspeakers are electro-acoustic devices and the moment the 'electricity' passes the voice coil in a loudspeaker he's [Amir] working in the realm of acoustical physics, and entirely different branch of physics. Can you see where I'm going here...??

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It beats me as to how Tekton ever got any kind of a reputation to sustain their business
They spent a ton of money on monthly advertising in Stereophile and the rest.

The facts are you have not posted your measurements and a tutorial on how they were done and
what Amir or Erin has done wrong.
Show us your science?

You should be ashamed of the threat of legal action against an honest review.
No one has an agenda against Tekton, a simple posting of the results by the reviewer and Tekton
would be sufficient to support your position. (or not).

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
Respectfully, it's not an "honest review". I've already said we're posting a YouTube video that will reflect Amir's mistakes.

USER

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Erici, Understand that Amir claims to an "electrical engineer by degree and hobby". He's an electrical engineer. Loudspeakers are electro-acoustic devices and the moment the 'electricity' passes the voice coil in a loudspeaker he's [Amir] working in the realm of acoustical physics, and entirely different branch of physics. Can you see where I'm going here...??
giphy.gif

Top Bottom