• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

dpuopolo

The cool thing about this unit is it uses a bipolar (+/-) power supply so the output is NOT BTL. That means one side of each channels' output is referenced to ground, and only ONE output filter per channel is used (You can see there are only two output chokes on the circuit board). This means that the load interaction should be HALF THAT of BTL output amplifiers like those using the TI amp chips.

Last edited:

dpuopolo

Mine's coming from Ali Express. $215.72 shipped to the USA. This unit looks to be a game changer.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The cool thing about this unit is it uses a bipolar (+/-) power supply so the output is NOT BTL. That means one side of each channels' output is referenced to ground, and only ONE output filter per channel is used (You can see there are only two output chokes on the circuit board). This means that the load interaction should be HALF THAT of BTL output amplifiers like those using the TI amp chips.
It doesn't look better from the Infineon datasheet.
This is the SE frequency response.

Infineon MA5332MS.png

This is the BTL frequency response.

Infineon MA5332MS BTL.png

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Reactions: NTK

the1Dude

Hi all,
I am also thinking about buying my first class D amp.
So far, the A40 checks all my boxes:
Bluetooth, HDMI, phono stage, remote control.

Did anybody test the built-in phone stage, and what can I expect?
Don't need a high-end solution here, I listen to vinyl maybe once a month, most of the time I stream via Spotify.
Currently, I use a low-end Art Pro Audio DJPRE II, and I am completely happy with it.
Would love to have an all-in-one solution to increase the Wife Acceptance Factor in our living room.

@treehugga: In your post you used a dedicated phono stage. Was the built-in one so bad or do you just have high standards?

Any information is very welcome.

Last edited:

treehugga

Hi all,

Don't need a high-end solution here, I listen to vinyl maybe once a month, most of the time I stream via Spotify.
Currently, I use a low-end Art Pro Audio DJPRE II, and I am completely happy with it.
Would love to have an all-in-one solution to increase the Wife Acceptance Factor in our living room.

@treehugga: In your post you used a dedicated phono stage. Was the built-in one so bad or do you just have high standards?

The A40's onboard phono stage was pipped by my £300 Project tube box s2, which is a well regarded unit.
The A40's phono stage is accomplished and certainly no slouch. When taken as a whole for the price, it's an absolute steal.
I also find the bluetooth via LDAC from my android phone to be the best I've heard in my system. If I didn't require a thumb drive and volumio, I'd seriously consider ditching my streamer.
Buy with confidence.

Last edited:

dpuopolo

Hi all,

For $216 shipped from Ali Express (find the 20% discount) it's an absolute no brainier.

Last edited:

treehugga

No... I was to hurry and ordered form Amazon 50€ more.But even I could have pay less for it, I don't feel I got scamed. Even for 265€ it's still a bargain.
The amp alone is worth the asking price, everything else is a freebie.

Bleib

Major Contributor

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a few times without problems..no extra charges or anything to Sweden
The thing is that they say "Shipped from EU" and that is not true, the device is shipped from China anyways.

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
The thing is that they say "Shipped from EU" and that is not true, the device is shipped from china anyways.
Yeah, this is simply dishonest, a way of making people think it's gonna come faster and possible greener

cce32

Forum Donor
I ordered one from hifi-express on March 25th and it arrived today, no drama, total of $225.00. I couldn't find a way to get AlliExpress to ship to California.
Initial listening impressions are it sounds fantastic using optical in from a WiiM streamer to my Ascend Acoustics towers.

dpuopolo

Mine went in tonight. I'm using Emotiva B1+ speakers and a Monoprice 12" powered subwoofer. Initial reactions are very positive. I've tried it with Bluetooth and am running my WiiM pro into it coaxially and my TV optically (Will do HDMI ARC tomorrow). The sound is incredibly clear. The song "Rainbow connection" by The Carpenters sounded so good I literally felt like crying. I believe a day or two of warmup will make it sound even better.

Top Bottom