• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 103 31.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 186 57.2%

• Total voters

Middle Earth

No, I don't mean that.
I just commented electrically on the contents of the product.
Thank You
I like reading your posts but I sometimes lack the knowledge to understand technical language like that

tyreman

Anybody comment on running these on say 1999 ish Cd players with coaxial output into this DAC
I think on some players it sounds better
running on the #1 filter settings of the E30 II

tyreman

Could one use this DAC E30 II for 2 input sources say 1 for CD player the other for TV toslink and simply switch the main preamps source controls to the respective input as desired? In DAC mode?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Could one use this DAC E30 II for 2 input sources say 1 for CD player the other for TV toslink and simply switch the main preamps source controls to the respective input as desired? In DAC mode?
You can plug three separate sources into the E30II (USB/Toslink/Coax) and switch between them with the remote. In DAC mode.

staticV3

Master Contributor
May I use my Topping in order to rip vinyl records?
The Topping E30 cannot be used to rip vinyl records, as it does not have analog inputs.

You need a device with analog inputs in order to plug in the output of your phono pre.

A Topping device that could be used to rip vinyl is the E2x2 or the E4x4.

Indio77

The Topping E30 cannot be used to rip vinyl records, as it does not have analog inputs.

You need a device with analog inputs in order to plug in the output of your phono pre.

A Topping device that could be used to rip vinyl is the E2x2 or the E4x4.

But the Audiotehnika LP120XUSB can directly connected to PC or laptop for doing the job?
The fully manual turntable plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records and is equipped with a USB output that allows direct connection to your computer. Just download the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice) and start converting your records to digital audio files. But in addition to the USB output, the turntable also comes with a detachable dual RCA output cable and is equipped with a built-in selectable phono preamp so you can connect directly to your home stereo, whether it has a dedicated phono input or not.

staticV3

Master Contributor
But the Audiotehnika LP120XUSB can directly connected to PC or laptop for doing the job?
The fully manual turntable plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records and is equipped with a USB output that allows direct connection to your computer. Just download the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice) and start converting your records to digital audio files. But in addition to the USB output, the turntable also comes with a detachable dual RCA output cable and is equipped with a built-in selectable phono preamp so you can connect directly to your home stereo, whether it has a dedicated phono input or not.
Yes, the LP120XUSB can be connected directly to your PC via USB to rip vinyl.

How exactly do you want to include the Topping E30 in that process?

Indio77

Yes, the LP120XUSB can be connected directly to your PC via USB to rip vinyl.

How exactly do you want to include the Topping E30 in that process?

Now, I do not want. It was just an idea in order to improve the quality of the sound if it would have been possible.
Anyway I should have read the turntable manual before asking some technical questions.

Gerardo61

Hello everbody, three days ago I bought Topping E30II to try if compared to SMSL DO300 it was less tiring.
It was a great surprise because E30II sounds is very detailed, deep and warm without giving the listening fatigue of the DO300.
E30II does not have bluetooth, XLR and MQA but I needn't these things because my Jadis I50 doesn't have XLR.
It was a great purchase without having to mortgage my house to buy it

Enjoy the music
Gerardo

Attachments

• 17106967758628627371250022150590.jpg
    17106967758628627371250022150590.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 51

Mudflapper

Yep, the e30II is the DAC bargain of the century, imo. I could only find one real problem with it and I don't even remember exactly how to replicate it; I was demoing all of the sample rates and I believe it was 768kHz that put out nothing but blisteringly loud noise. Otherwise, I love this thing. Sure it could have a better display and UI, but for the price I understand that they had to cut corners somewhere. All I really care about is the glorious sound it produces. I paired it with a ~1990 Nakamichi SR-4A and two ~1996 Boston Acoustics C9s and it sounds so good it makes the hair on my arms stand straight up. :)

JSmith

Master Contributor
Topping E30II to try if compared to SMSL DO300 it was less tiring.
It was a great surprise because E30II sounds is very detailed, deep and warm without giving the listening fatigue of the DO300.
So what does all this mean exactly? How did you conduct this comparison, level matched, no peeking? Did you have the filter off in one or something?

index.php

JSmith

Toku

Major Contributor
Yep, the e30II is the DAC bargain of the century, imo. I could only find one real problem with it and I don't even remember exactly how to replicate it; I was demoing all of the sample rates and I believe it was 768kHz that put out nothing but blisteringly loud noise. Otherwise, I love this thing. Sure it could have a better display and UI, but for the price I understand that they had to cut corners somewhere. All I really care about is the glorious sound it produces. I paired it with a ~1990 Nakamichi SR-4A and two ~1996 Boston Acoustics C9s and it sounds so good it makes the hair on my arms stand straight up. :)
I totally agree with your thoughts on the E30.
The sound quality of the E30 ll has evolved greatly from the E30, and is so good that it can be compared with higher-end models. That's why I have recommended the E30 ll to many people.

I am aware of the behavior of the E30 ll that you point out, and Topping has also confirmed the details.
The problem has been occurring since the previous model E30 and has not been improved with the new E30 ll.
The symptoms occur more frequently when playing PCM768kHz after playing DSD. Well, PCM768kHz is not normally used, so I don't see it as a particular problem.
I think this is the same with the single DAC chip E30 ll Lite.

Jarrett

I totally agree with your thoughts on the E30.
The sound quality of the E30 ll has evolved greatly from the E30, and is so good that it can be compared with higher-end models. That's why I have recommended the E30 ll to many people.

I am aware of the behavior of the E30 ll that you point out, and Topping has also confirmed the details.
The problem has been occurring since the previous model E30 and has not been improved with the new E30 ll.
The symptoms occur more frequently when playing PCM768kHz after playing DSD. Well, PCM768kHz is not normally used, so I don't see it as a particular problem.
I think this is the same with the single DAC chip E30 ll Lite.

Is this stuff Topping is doing with the new I/V stage (seen on newer model slides like the D50 III and E70) and LNRD (errr is this the I/V?) really helping for sound quality? I'm still hanging on to my original E30 from 2020

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this stuff Topping is doing with the new I/V stage (seen on newer model slides like the D50 III and E70) and LNRD (errr is this the I/V?) really helping for sound quality? I'm still hanging on to my original E30 from 2020
No, anybody here talking about the sound of these DACS is imagining it (all the good measuring DACS are transparent & have no sound of their own), so don't bother listening to the people talking about the sound of their DACS. If you've already got the E30 then it doesn't need upgrading from a sound quality perspective. (I'm not sure how long time member Toku has managed to get so many Likes given the rubbish he's often talking about re sound of DACS).

Top Bottom