• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I have interest in medical stuff but the biology study simply kills my spirit and drains me like a vampire and I have no chance of ever studying medical stuff due to the prerequisites of biology studies.

When my eldest brother was going to college not far from Dr. Hardy in Hanover, NH taking pre-med and engineering (his backup plan), organic chemistry was generally considered the make/break class. Many have had their medical school dreams crushed by a C in Orgo, and these were not a bunch of boneheads to start with.

This stuff is hard for smart people at the undergrad level, and it just gets harder.

We are fortunate to have @mhardy6647 and many other remarkably accomplished members adding to our collective mental horsepower.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When my oldest brother was going to college not far from Dr. Hardy in Hanover, NH taking pre-med and engineering (his backup plan), organic chemistry was generally considered the make/break class. Many have had their medical school dreams crushed by a C in Orgo, and these were not a bunch of boneheads to start with.

This stuff is hard for smart people at the undergrad level, and it just gets harder.
Yeah, it's very data storage centric and so many details that must be memorized so that they all tie together in a timeline, flow chart and then of course the relationships of the organisms blows my mind and it's amazing but very intimidating.
We are fortunate to have @mhardy6647 and many other remarkably accomplished members adding to our collective mental horsepower.
It's great he has a sharp sense of humor too...LoL. :D

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
When my oldest brother was going to college not far from Dr. Hardy in Hanover, NH taking pre-med and engineering (his backup plan), organic chemistry was generally considered the make/break class. Many have had their medical school dreams crushed by a C in Orgo, and these were not a bunch of boneheads to start with.

I know that place in Hanover! :)
Interestingly, our son-in-law's father is a professor with appointments in both the school of medicine & the engineering school!

Thanks for the kind words. Needless to say, this stuff is strictly hobby for me -- but it's a pastime I've enjoyed for most of my life, and I do deeply and profoundly love music of all kinds.

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

There is a Toad Suck, Arkansas.

I've passed through there before. Didn't feel like stopping there was a good idea.

There is also a Fouke, Arkansas.

Famous for Big Foot sightings. I actually saw one on a highway north of there on the way back from a trip one night standing beside a stop sign. It ran off into the woods just after my headlights hit it. And no, I hadn't been drinking.

Arkansas is a little strange.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a Toad Suck, Arkansas.

I've passed through there before. Didn't feel like stopping there was a good idea.

There is also a Fouke, Arkansas.

Famous for Big Foot sightings. I actually saw one on a highway north of there on the way back from a trip one night standing beside a stop sign. It ran off into the woods just after my headlights hit it. And no, I hadn't been drinking.

Arkansas is a little strange.
Well... A great interlude of interesting country living information to break up the dinner time rest break! I come from a unincorporated little village of ~300 peeps and there was always something to do there for me. A couple of attempted depressed/bored female teen suicides occurred and otherwise a very sleepy lil place to grow up in. I was a free range kid and was out in nature all over the place without parental supervision lots of the time. I mostly feared getting hit by the twice daily freight train and being mauled by a black bear of which there where many of them. The big grizzlies avoided us always and where never even seen ever other than one time in the 15 years of living there when I was out hunting grouse and saw one running away from me. :D So that's my reply and interlude of unincorporated village life...LoL...

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
Years ago, while working for HP's Disk Memory Division, for April Fool's Day I wrote a batch file that executed at startup on my manager's PC. It displayed this message on the screen: "Primary hard drive reformat complete. Press any key to continue."

Despite her excellent sense of humor, it didn't go as well as I had planned. Needless to say, when she screamed my last name, it literally echoed down the passageway between her cube and mine.

:eek::oops::rolleyes:

I wrote a nice little program and installed it on a couple of co-workers systems. Had it start when the PC booted. It displayed "Error, click ok to dismiss.". If OK was clicked or the x in the top right corner, it started two more copies of itself and exited. If nothing was clicked, it started two more copies of itself every 5 minutes.

I created a better version after that. If the mouse was moved near the ok button, it would run away so it couldn't be clicked. Still reproduced every 5 minutes.

Also, it had the always on top flag set to true.

Back in the MS-DOS days, I created a TSR (terminate and stay resident) program that watched for the letters a or e being typed. Did a random number calc. If the number was even nothing happened. If odd, it would change an a to s or an e to r. I just put that one on a friend's PC.

G|force

Forum Donor
I wrote a nice little program and installed it on a couple of co-workers systems. Had it start when the PC booted. It displayed "Error, click ok to dismiss.". If OK was clicked or the x in the top right corner, it started two more copies of itself and exited. If nothing was clicked, it started two more copies of itself every 5 minutes.

I created a better version after that. If the mouse was moved near the ok button, it would run away so it couldn't be clicked. Still reproduced every 5 minutes.

Also, it had the always on top flag set to true.

Back in the MS-DOS days, I created a TSR (terminate and stay resident) program that watched for the letters a or e being typed. Did a random number calc. If the number was even nothing happened. If odd, it would change an a to s or an e to r. I just put that one on a friend's PC.
Diabolical!

KellenVancouver

1710565675891.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Names of towns?

Back when you got maps at the gas station, I had one where they split that name into two parts to make it "fit".

1710585486991.png

Top Bottom