• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1710530009106.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1710530389320.jpeg

Waxx

Major Contributor
Oh, we got the so called "Anal triangle" in our country, with the villages "Reet" (translated from dutch: Ass), "Kontich" (translated Ass'like) and "Aartselaar" (translated: Ass-tree )

1710530426542.png

All village are in the south of the Province of Antwerp, between the city of Antwerp itself and the city Mechelen.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, we got the so called "Anal triangle" in our country, with the towns Reet (translated from dutch: Ass), Kontich (translated Ass'like) and Aartselaar (translated: Ass-tree )

View attachment 356708
All village are in the south of the Province of Antwerp, between the city of Antwerp itself and the city Mechelen.
You win as lewdest country.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Back in pre-windows days, I used the MSDOS 'prompt' command on a colleagues PC to change the command line prompt from 'C:>' to 'Bad sector in drive C: Press any key to reformat:'
It took him a while to forgive me...

Years ago, while working for HP's Disk Memory Division, for April Fool's Day I wrote a batch file that executed at startup on my manager's PC. It displayed this message on the screen: "Primary hard drive reformat complete. Press any key to continue."

Despite her excellent sense of humor, it didn't go as well as I had planned. Needless to say, when she screamed my last name, it literally echoed down the passageway between her cube and mine.

:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Years ago, while working for HP's Disk Memory Division, for April Fool's Day I wrote a batch file that executed at startup on my manager's PC. It displayed this message on the screen: "Primary hard drive reformat complete. Press any key to continue."

Despite her excellent sense of humor, it didn't go as well as I had planned. Needless to say, my last name literally echoed down the passageway between her cube and mine.

:eek::oops::rolleyes:
I had a similar trying experience. A IRC chat friend I trusted and knew was a joker file transferred me a small executable that I accepted and clicked on too. So it went through several screens and options and blah blah and then locked up and was immovable and stopped all activity on the desktop. He made me basically beg for the keystrokes to get out by using my Linux box when the MS box was locked up...LoL. There was a reason he went by, "PunKBoY!" fooker!~ sigh* So of course I sent it to others too and we all had chuckles galore. :D

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
If you're like me*, you may have trouble confusing some pairs of similar words: for example, entomologist and etymologist.

If so, do as I do and use this handy mnemonic created by handy mnemonicist Gary Larson.

1710538622296.jpeg

:cool:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Conversely, I am not at all sure as to how etymologists
  • die
  • kick the bucket
  • shuffle off this mortal coil
  • come to the end of the road
  • expire
  • succumb
  • hit the dusty trail
  • bite the dust
  • go Tango Uniform
  • ride off into the sunset
  • snuff it
  • cr@p out
  • become erstwhile etymologists
  • etc.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you're like me*, you may have trouble confusing some pairs of similar words: for example, entomologist and etymologist.

If so, do as I do and use this handy mnemonic created by handy mnemonicist Gary Larson.

View attachment 356733
:cool:

That image and stuff went zOOming way way over my head this time around...LoL. I gotta say that I took some biology in high school. The teacher in front of the classroom one day got my attention and said my name and stated as I was paying attention but my mind was elsewhere, "You don't have any interest in this at all do you?" In a very honest manner. I said nothing. He said that he really wanted me on his cross country running race team as he nagged me about it often and he said, "But you don't fit in here and you are wasting a seat in my class and I can't have that in my class because it's not fair to the other students and to me." So I sat there silent and wondering what was coming. He was really nice and asked if he could help get me into next grade level drafting B or C study and get me out of his biology study and I was all like... "You can do that?" and he said we can try and there's a good chance that can happen. So I got to study drafting a year ahead of my grade and got 2 study periods instead of 1 period. I never looked at biology since. Other than butchering farm animals for meat and bugs that I used to copy and make fishing flies...LoL. :D So... When I think about what you know and how boring it is to me to memorize all that biology stuff that drives me bonkers I shake my head and think you must have been one tough student to be able to tolerate an advanced biology study. I have interest in medical stuff but the biology study simply kills my spirit and drains me like a vampire and I have no chance of ever studying medical stuff due to the prerequisites of biology studies.

Top Bottom