• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Waxx

Major Contributor
422008571_941024607379734_7291908123083876899_n.jpg

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I remember a hi-fi salesman suggesting I remove my digital watch when listening because the speaker in the watch would interact (in some sort of negative way?) with the sound coming from the speakers. So maybe start by emptying your pockets and then move on to remove your clothing and see how far you can get before they stop you.
Did that really happen? Because that's hilarious.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did that really happen? Because that's hilarious.
Yes, that was very much a 'Linn' thing in the early '80s. Apparently, Ivor Tiefenbrun claimed that a telephone in the same room would affect the sound, then went on to claim even a digital watch would!

The '80s were a crap time for proper audio engineering...which is when I started my HiFi business...

S.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Now I'm laughing even harder! Good grief, if only people like that would apply their "creativity" to more productive uses...
Define capitalism.

The two greatest acts of capitalism I can think of are the exploitation of the worker, first, followed quickly by the exploitation of the consumer.

Fcuk. This is the humor thread, not the existential philosophy or economic theory thread.

:confused:

:p

DonR

Major Contributor
Now I'm laughing even harder! Good grief, if only people like that would apply their "creativity" to more productive uses...
It was somewhere on W Broadway back in the early 90s. I don't know how long they lasted but probably closed down and sprung up with a new name somewhere else.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Define capitalism.

The two greatest acts of capitalism I can think of are the exploitation of the worker, first, followed quickly by the exploitation of the consumer.

Fcuk. This is the humor thread, not the existential philosophy or economic theory thread.

:confused:

:p
I disagree with your idea of the two greatest acts of capitalism, but I'll let it go as this is the humor thread.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I disagree with your idea of the two greatest acts of capitalism, but I'll let it go as this is the humor thread.
I’m practicing my hyperbole. ;) I thought perhaps the “:p” emoji would indicate the tongue-in-cheek nature of the statement.
Let’s face it, these aren’t “great” acts I referenced.

Top Bottom