• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
BB1hW1S7.jpg

jkasch

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well, I mean... it's not real.
Note that it's sitting on the hood of a car in the photos.
Besides...
Both the Corvette & the Gremlin do have panache.
:cool:

;)
:facepalm:
Oh yeah. I guess I’m not too discerning. My only excuse is I was viewing on an iPhone.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Oh yeah. I guess I’m not too discerning. My only excuse is I was viewing on an iPhone.
One must stand in awe of the mind that looked at unbuilt model kits on a shelf and thought "You know what'd be cool...". ;)
Wonder if they built the converse model, too. :eek:

EDIT: PS As a kid, I built a Gremlin funny car model. I thought it was rather wry.
PPS The internet comes through!
1707705762805.jpeg

That's the one. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In Memory of Eli[z]abeth Reed was a top favorite on this album back in the day. Great guitar solo on that one. Playing it now.
At Fillmore East (Live) is about the only live album I keep in my collection... Playing it now, as sh*tty recording as it is, still brings back memories of that day!:cool:
Dicky Betts is in my top 10.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I guess you could say they were Pioneers. :cool:;):facepalm:

1707707112636.png

source: https://www.worldradiohistory.com/A...iFI-Stereo/70s/HiFi-Stereo-Review-1975-01.pdf

One may, if suitably interested, find a four page ad spread themed around the Allman (broadly speaking) Siblings in https://www.worldradiohistory.com/A...iFI-Stereo/70s/HiFi-Stereo-Review-1974-03.pdf

PS Yeah, pretty sure the dog & chickens were photoshopped in (the old school way).
PPS. @pseudoid, were I you, I'd have a copy of Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, too. Of course, I'm not you... but I still felt it worthy of mention. :cool:
I mean, heck, I'd also have a copy the Who's Live at Leeds. I actually have all three, come to think of it -- but I'm not really much of an Allman Brothers fan. :eek:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess you could say they were Pioneers. :cool:;):facepalm:

View attachment 349078
source: https://www.worldradiohistory.com/A...iFI-Stereo/70s/HiFi-Stereo-Review-1975-01.pdf

One may, if suitably interested, find a four page ad spread themed around the Allman (broadly speaking) Siblings in https://www.worldradiohistory.com/A...iFI-Stereo/70s/HiFi-Stereo-Review-1974-03.pdf

PS Yeah, pretty sure the dog & chickens were photoshopped in (the old school way).
PPS. @pseudoid, were I you, I'd have a copy of Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, too. Of course, I'm not you... but I still felt it worthy of mention. :cool:
I mean, heck, I'd also have a copy the Who's Live at Leeds. I actually have all three, come to think of it -- but I'm not really much of an Allman Brothers fan. :eek:
Oh yeah, "Waiting for Columbus" is a winner of a live Album. So much so now it is on my mind I think I'll have to cue it up for a listen.

You can listen to it here if not familiar with it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
That was without Lowell George. Not like their earlier music, but I rather like it. Not country imo. More like a smoother more electronic southern rock. I didn't care for albums that followed that one.
What he said. :)
Little Feat in their prime were almost uncharacterizable -- I sense(d) a veneer of New Orleans, but... I mean... I am from Baltimore, so what do I know about the South? ;)
In full disclosure, Baltimore & Little Feat had (have) a very strong bond. Still hard to beat.
Plus -- Waiting for Columbus sounds great. :cool:
OK, this is too serious for this thread! :p

ahem. A brief postscript.

PS WHFS was the greatest "rock" radio station of them all -- but I digress. ;)
PPS Little Feat, it is said, took its name from Lowell George's... umm... feet, which were apparently kinda small.

Last edited:
Top Bottom