• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
What does this forum have to do with science?

Science for vermin extermination.

Artboard 25 copy 10.png

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Will the application of science lead to some scientific discoveries here? :oops:

It might, or it might not, or it may inspire some research and discovery by others, but that’s not its primary goal. If you think that this is a scientific research forum, you’re in the wrong place :)

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Will the application of science lead to some scientific discoveries here? :oops:
One day perhaps. Maybe it’s enough to have a few people who do such as their day job contributing.

But do you realise how far we are as a totality from that level? What you’ve just done is a vague equivalent to going to your city’s rowdiest school, where any attempt to teach is one step removed from chaos, and demanded that the 12 year olds do actual new research before you can call it a class in chemistry.

Golf

That left one is really nice! I would reduce the »Das Boot« mood a little bit and would highlight the ASR line by a different color.

Attachments

• 1707686932600.png
    1707686932600.png
    31 KB · Views: 17

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That left one is really nice! I would reduce the »Das Boot« mood a little bit and would highlight the ASR line by a different color.
I especially like the left hand one. And I was thinking if the ASR were some third color it would be much better. Maybe if the ASR were yellow. Just the ASR not the circle around it.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
It might, or it might not, or it may inspire some research and discovery by others, but that’s not its primary goal. If you think that this is a scientific research forum, you’re in the wrong place :)
I think designing a logo without understanding what the primary goal is - and where we want to be in the future, and maybe a mission statement type thing (that would have to come from @amirm and some trusted people) may be putting the cart before the horse, as it were.

Also remember that the Forum is only a part of ASR. The reviews are another part, education and the videos are a third, and encouraging others to perform measurements and report, and to bring knowledge to the place more generally is a fourth.

I believe the primary role of ASR is in fact education. I'm really here to do a lot of learning, and a spot of bringing what I have.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
That may be overemphasizing the subjective listening. Remember, this is the measuring club!
A further thought. Measurements here are informed by their meaning. That meaning comes from science involving controlled listening tests. They may be controlled, but they are still... subjective. The idea of the ear is good because it reminds us that we are indeed about listening.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
An interesting coincidence? Great brands have great logos, not the other way around.

Golf

I think designing a logo without understanding what the primary goal is [...] may be putting the cart before the horse, as it were.

Exactly that is why only those people are contributing here who very well understand what the primary goal of a logo is.

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
I especially like the left hand one. And I was thinking if the ASR were some third color it would be much better. Maybe if the ASR were yellow. Just the ASR not the circle around it.

Here you go! :)

Artboard 39 copy.png

But I still like white-blue much more

Artboard 39 copy 3.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom