• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Hello. Can I have 16bits in the Topping Device Control instead of 24bits or 32bits ?

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 180

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello. Can I have 16bits in the Topping Device Control instead of 24bits or 32bits ?
Why would you want that?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Because in Tidal I have many crackling and the MQA could not stay because of that.
Don't think it has anything to do with the sampling rate, but someone smarter can probably confirm or refute my statement.

ceausuc

If you want to discuss perceived sound quality, this is not suitable forum for that. Attackers are ready to jump here and to gain their 'valuable' likes points by teaching you that you cannot hear any differences between DACs of this category.

Yes, as someone said: "measurement police" is always watching and keeps repeating this "all dacs sound the same".
One has to wonder how come they never get tired... is it a hobby or a job? :)

Toku

Major Contributor
Since E50 can play up to 32bit, normally select 32bit. If you do not play 32-bit files, you may select 24-bit.

Have you activated exclusive mode on Tidal for E50 and passthrough MQA?
Yes. In that moment the sound start to crackling, in the "exclusive mode", when the Tidal application take entire control.

Lokitay

Does anyone encounter the same error as me?

Attachments

• IMG20211106153813.jpg
    IMG20211106153813.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 108

Asma

My e30 was showing error E -1 when I connected the wrong power supply, solved this problem by replacing it. Write to the topping company support, they will help you.
[email protected]

PKAWA

@amirm Please upload a better resolution graph for the sinad score. The last reviews all have an unreadable chart.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@amirm Please upload a better resolution graph for the sinad score. The last reviews all have an unreadable chart.
The problem must be on your end--the SINAD charts on this review, as well as those from the last few days, have all been fine.

TSky

Greetings, this is my first post, and English is not my native language. So, sorry for possible mistakes. I'm facing a choice, d10s e30 or e50. The price difference is decent, but will there be the same difference in sound between them? I just need a dac to replace my old one that broke. I listen through a Senkhi hd 650 and a tube amp. What would be better? Does it make sense to buy the E50 right away if I don't need its functions, or is the d10s enough to play just a good sound? Judging by the measurements, they all show exorbitant results, up to 120db, the difference between them is 2-3db and the price is $ 150 -)

Haruko

Greetings, this is my first post, and English is not my native language. So, sorry for possible mistakes. I'm facing a choice, d10s e30 or e50. The price difference is decent, but will there be the same difference in sound between them? I just need a dac to replace my old one that broke. I listen through a Senkhi hd 650 and a tube amp. What would be better? Does it make sense to buy the E50 right away if I don't need its functions, or is the d10s enough to play just a good sound? Judging by the measurements, they all show exorbitant results, up to 120db, the difference between them is 2-3db and the price is $ 150 -)
if you are going to use tube amp i don't think you will hear difference between d10s and the rest

TSky

if you are going to use tube amp i don't think you will hear difference between d10s and the rest
Will the tube amplifier color the sound and, as it were, "level" it between all the DACs? Is there a problem with interference via usb, because the "especially d10s" DACs are powered via usb. This nuance is very confusing.

Top Bottom