• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

zanzibar

Can you donate $1 for every time hereafter you say the words "big", "tube" or "monoblock" because I'm beginning to think you've just come here to say not a lot more than that.

Well you must have some antipathy for big tube mono block amps. Maybe I'll donate to the Men's Pregnancy Charity Center and make you happy. Or not.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well you must have some antipathy for big tube mono block amps. Maybe I'll donate to the Men's Pregnancy Charity Center and make you happy. Or not.
No, just antipathy towards people that drone on about them apropos of not a lot.

No doubt the next minor upgrade in the RME firmware will collapse your soundstage, drop several veils and play havoc with your sensitive big tube.

cany89

No doubt the next minor upgrade in the RME firmware will collapse your soundstage, drop several veils and play havoc with your sensitive big tube.
Please correct your comment. It's not just a big tube. It's big tube monoblocks!

zanzibar

No, just antipathy towards people that drone on about them apropos of not a lot.

I wouldn't be "droning on" about anything if you weren't droning on and on. I'm jamming some tunes and they sound better than ever. So please, drone on as you were.

zanzibar

No doubt if that makes you happy but I really don't want to donate to your favorite Men's Pregnancy Charity too.

zanzibar

While I like to see/read such success stories - the truth is different. If you had 35/35 before it means your DAC is with AKM. The new firmware does not change anything for these. If you had an ESS with 60, then the default setting was Async. An improvement with 66 - and that one would only be measurable, not audible - could only happen if you had the unit set to Varipitch On manually before.

But don't let that spoil the fun and enjoyment you experience with the unit. You have good reasons to love it!
Well, it's not the same and that's not in question here so I could only speculate about a "loose wire" when reconnecting the DAC but that doesn't seem likely nor probable. Had to move the DAC as the update tool showed no change on a mac mini. But when connected to a MacBook M1, the update tool started automatically and completed in seconds. I reconnected it back to the mac mini in the system and it's still easily better. Not a shade, significant.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't be "droning on" about anything if you weren't droning on and on. I'm jamming some tunes and they sound better than ever. So please, drone on as you were.
Yes mate....

1633209629904.png

zanzibar

Send it in for Amir to measure then we can see how awful it is.

You only wish they measured "awful." The amps measure great and I'm not sure Amir has similar equipment that it's been measured on and the new prototypes with custom choke and transformer just out. He has at least some of the measuring equipments that I'm aware which provide good results.

Enjoy this response as it will be seen by maybe only you and then deleted.. As it's only the response which of course is headed to deletion. Love the censorship when when a reply to the insiders arrives.

The amps weigh are heavy and would be well about 140 pounds to ship. I don't need to hear how great they measure on Amir's equipment They've been thoroughly measured along the way already. I was going to donate a Pioneer Blue Ray player which is light and easy to ship for testing and donation. Based on the application of the selective deletion key here, I won't bother.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You only wish they measured "awful." The amps measures great and I'm not sure Amir has all the equipment that it's been measured and the new prototypes just out. He has at least some of it that I'm aware which provide good results.

Enjoy this response as it will be seen by maybe only you and then deleted.. As it's only the response which of course is headed to deletion. Love the censorship for when when a reply arrives.
Does this mean there will be a pre-order available in the near future or will your friend only sell to certified Goldenears?

zanzibar

Does this mean there will be a pre-order available in the near future or will your friend only sell to certified Goldenears?
Negative. Nothing is being sold. They are designed for a select number of users among a few audiophile friends by "the doctor" who is a Phd in math, a real-time developer in international financial market systems and created this over several years on the side for personal use. Enjoy this reply before it too is deleted since it crushes the stupid narrative. You'll be aiding in that deletion no doubt.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Negative. Nothing is being sold. They are designed for a select number of users among a few audiophile friends by "the doctor" who is a Phd in math, a real-time developer in international financial market systems and created this over several years on the side for personal use. Enjoy this reply before it too is deleted since it crushes the stupid narrative. You'll be aiding in that deletion no doubt.

Well, the good news is that the last flurry of posts has drastically raised the proportion where sensitive big tubes aren't mentioned so kudos for taking that one on board.

You seem to have replaced it with a propensity to quote irrelevant qualifications to design and build irrelevant and unobtainable devices though. So its a zero-sum game tonight for you.

Last edited:

storing

Forum Donor
You only wish they measured "awful." The amps measure great
I for one wouldn't assume they're awful, but would like to see the measurements to see what they are instead.

Also: can we please drop the abrasive tone and referenecs to conspiracies etc, those aren't waht this forum stands for.

Top Bottom