• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

zanzibar

Well, the good news is that the last flurry of posts has drastically raised the proportion where sensitive big tubes aren't mentioned so kudos for taking that one on board.

You seem to have replaced it with a propensity to quote irrelevant qualifications to design and build irrelevant and unobtainable devices though. So its a zero-sum game tonight for you.

You've run out of narrative as I don't post too often here over the years. I'm not littering the board with lengthy descriptions and specs on the amps which I certainly could have done. So you're all wet and your narrative is kaput.

zanzibar

I for one wouldn't assume they're awful, but would like to see the measurements to see what they are instead.

Also: can we please drop the abrasive tone and referenecs to conspiracies etc, those aren't waht this forum stands for.
We're well beyond that. I've been deleted for responding while the snark and narrative attacks continued.
I made it clear the amps were not going to be detailed as it was not on topic. If someone was that interested they could pm but didn't and we know why. I'm not going into how great the amps measure and detail some of those specs in the wrong forum. My responses to the stupid snark were nevertheless deleted. It's utterly boring and off topic. The amps are great and measure beautifully. That's it.

The off topic snark which I pointed out should be deleted remain. Do the math.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You've run out of narrative as I don't post too often here over the years. I'm not littering the board with lengthy descriptions and specs on the amps which I certainly could have done. So you're all wet and your narrative is kaput.
It's posts like this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...easurements-of-rme-adi-2-dac.2582/post-928711
On the back of your unintentionally hilarious gaff on the sonic miracles of RME update that draw derision and disbelief.

The Big Tube waffle is just the low hanging fruit. Bring the controlled listening and testing and /or some measurements or the misplaced hubris will be challenged.

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Negative. Nothing is being sold. They are designed for a select number of users among a few audiophile friends by "the doctor" who is a Phd in math, a real-time developer in international financial market systems and created this over several years on the side for personal use. Enjoy this reply before it too is deleted since it crushes the stupid narrative. You'll be aiding in that deletion no doubt.
I don’t know what your on about with this Deletion thing paranoia, but I just checked this entire thread. Not one single post has been deleted or otherwise removed by the Moderator Team or Admin. Some posts were deleted by the Members who posted them as duplicates or errors. And these were only a few. So stop with this post deletion paranoia! Several of your posts in particular could easily earn you a Warning and post deletion but I’m in a forgiving mood today. Take a break and everyone please dial back the aggressiveness, passive or otherwise.

Let’s get back on topic. Please and thank you!

zanzibar

It's posts like this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...easurements-of-rme-adi-2-dac.2582/post-928711
On the back of your unintentionally hilarious gaff on the sonic miracles of RME update that draw derision and disbelief.

The Big Tube waffle is just the low hanging fruit. Bring the controlled listening and testing and /or some measurements or the misplaced hubris will be challenged.
Didn't state I would be putting the amp's measurements on an RME thread. Yet here you are requesting I do.
So you can then go have it deleted like other posts replying no doubt. The only thing misplaced is your demeanor and tactics.

Fool me once, my bad. Send me to the Big Tech Goolag twice and thrice, asking for more, no thanks.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Insulting the professor rarely improved my grade in class, and attacking the moderator of a forum is likely to have similar results...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Didn't state I would be putting the amp's measurements on an RME thread. Yet here you are requesting I do.
So you can then go have it deleted like other posts replying no doubt. The only thing misplaced is your demeanor and tactics.

Fool me once, my bad. Send me to the Big Tech Goolag twice and thrice, asking for more, no thanks.
So set up a thread , tell us how you arrived at the conclusion that the RME software update produced remarkable sonic benefits and how your amazing rig and your amazing hearing contributed to arriving at this conclusion. Ideally detailing what controls you put in place to minimise the impact of sighted listening swaying your opinion.

Otherwise, people might start to think you just have a powerful imagination and like to trumpet the prowess of your system and ears. Because that's what it reads like to me. And that doesn't go down well round here. You could have just accepted that you maybe jumped the gun a bit on the RME update and accept your hearing and brain play the same tricks as everyone else, but instead you tripled down on the claim and building up the merits of your unique tube amp even further (how are the creator's day job and maths Phd relevant?).

Apologies if I come over as a little harsh but really, you've been here a few years and haven't figured out the above doesn't rile people?

Last edited:

zanzibar

Does this mean there will be a pre-order available in the near future or will your friend only sell to certified Goldenears?
Pre-orders are now available! :cool:

Haven't been able to make the big, imaginary non-announcement during my post-censorship lockout. After I was censored, a lockout ensued from responding to the "Insider's Club" here who designated my system observation to their snark as inappropriate.

Some additional changes awaiting the release of the final prototypes on the big tube monoblocks, which as stated pre-lockout will never be made available here spamming the RME thread. There will be no listening session invitations, no requests played and no refreshments will be served.

However, feeding the RME the best, quality amplifier possible is suggested. Again, no measurements on the big tube monoblocks will be published/spammed here.

We live in interesting, increasingly authoritarian times. Some animals are more equal than others. Happy listening everyone.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Pre-orders are now available! :cool:

Haven't been able to make the big, imaginary non-announcement during my post-censorship lockout. After I was censored, a lockout ensued from responding to the "Insider's Club" here who designated my system observation to their snark as inappropriate.

Some additional changes awaiting the release of the final prototypes on the big tube monoblocks, which as stated pre-lockout will never be made available here spamming the RME thread. There will be no listening session invitations, no requests played and no refreshments will be served.

However, feeding the RME the best, quality amplifier possible is suggested. Again, no measurements on the big tube monoblocks will be published/spammed here.

We live in interesting, increasingly authoritarian times. Some animals are more equal than others. Happy listening everyone.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

zanzibar

Insulting the professor rarely improved my grade in class, and attacking the moderator of a forum is likely to have similar results...
So set up a thread , tell us how you arrived at the conclusion that the RME software update produced remarkable sonic benefits and how your amazing rig and your amazing hearing contributed to arriving at this conclusion. Ideally detailing what controls you put in place to minimise the impact of sighted listening swaying your opinion.

Otherwise, people might start to think you just have a powerful imagination and like to trumpet the prowess of your system and ears. Because that's what it reads like to me. And that doesn't go down well round here. You could have just accepted that you maybe jumped the gun a bit on the RME update and accept your hearing and brain play the same tricks as everyone else, but instead you tripled down on the claim and building up the merits of your unique tube amp even further (how are the creator's day job and maths Phd relevant?).

Apologies if I come over as a little harsh but really, you've been here a few years and haven't figured out the above doesn't rile people?

It is what it is. Thanks to Amir for all the hard work trying to get the voodoo out of our hobby. The RME has been a superb addition to my system and I learned about it here. Although I've mostly lurked in the threads over years, not every observation needs to be met with a demand for measurements and a fusillade of insiders attacking. Censorship is a negative but not my sandbox.

In this instance, I had to move the RME out for a firmware upgrade on a different computer. The improvement I heard could have been attributed to a different USB bus among other possibilities. It wasn't made with any scientific method and didn't require a volley of insiders putting the "infiltration" down as some "enemy invasion."

Not spamming with any measurements or any further details on this thread, or here at all, the end. I've been censored and then "put away."

It's a sign of the times.

Happy listening and music to all.

Last edited:

hch

It is what it is. Thanks to Amir for all the hard work trying to get the voodoo out of our hobby. The RME has been a superb addition to my system and I learned about it here. Although I've mostly lurked in the threads over years, not every observation needs to be met with a demand for measurements and a fusillade of insiders attacking. Censorship is a negative but not my sandbox.

In this instance, I had to move the RME out for a firmware upgrade on a different computer. The improvement I heard could have been attributed to a different USB bus among other possibilities. It wasn't made with any scientific method and didn't require a volley of insiders putting the "infiltration" down as some "enemy invasion."

Not spamming with any measurements or any further details on this thread, or here at all, the end. I've been censored and then "put away."

It's a sign of the times.

Happy listening and music to all.
Have you been censored or just critically questioned? Seems to me that a sign of the times is to conflate the two.

zanzibar

Have you been censored or just critically questioned? Seems to me that a sign of the times is to conflate the two.
Of course, being questioned or even critically questioned has nothing to do with censorship. Seems to me a hollow effort suggesting same. I've run a website with lots of commenting and censorship is anathema. But this is not my sandbox and delegating commenting authority. I'll leave it at that. With 15 million views on my website handling far more controversial issues than "did the poster conduct a full scientific method of inquiry and measurement before they posted their finding/observation?" :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Filio45

Bearing in mind the EQ settings affect both XLR and RCA outputs simultaneously, what is the purpose of the high pass (low cut) option, accessible in Band 1 of the EQ? I assume it's of no benefit it you wish to connect sub and monitors to those XLR/RCA outputs with the intention of high passing the monitors (unless I'm missing something!), but it has some other use presumably?

Last edited:

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

KSTR

Major Contributor
Bearing in mind the EQ settings affect both XLR and RCA outputs simultaneously, what is the purpose of the high pass (low cut) option, accessible in Band 1 of the EQ?
As a manufacturer you shall not make assumptions what users might want to do with the available features, that's one of the reasons this filter type is included, if only for completeness. This is a professional device with a professional user base that may come up with applications the manufacturer couldn't foresee.

One practical use of low cuts is, well, cutting the lows ... unwanted frequencies the phones/speakers can't reproduce anyway and which may actually be harmful, notably DC content. The device has DC-coupled outputs and hence can output ultra-low frequencies and DC at full level.

reasons

Trying to decide on the the Adi-2 Dac or the Adi-2 Pro FSR BK. I have a HD800S and a MDR-Z1R. I’m not looking to upgrade the amp so I was considering going with the pro for the more powerful balanced amp. Any comments on the differences between the 2 systems?

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The MDR-Z1R does not require unusual high power (more than the 1.5 Watts of the DAC), so balanced is not needed.

Top Bottom