• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CJG

RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition > Topping A70 Pro > Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition Planar Magnetic Headphones.

My Goodness The Sound is Incredible!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315-052320_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315-052320_Gallery.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 176

desti

Hey that's cool! If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts on the Topping A90D, A70 Pro, and Schiit Jotunheim? I'm in the market for an amp + preamp with balanced audio but it's hard to make my mind up. Currently I could pick up the Jotunheim for $400, A70 Pro for $430, or A90D for $520.

Reactions: CJG

nerdemoji

definitely not a tuning for me
graph(11).png
graph(12).png

OP
CJG

CJG

Was the built-in headphone amplifier in the ADI-2 Pro not powerful enough for the Fostex T50RP?
Not quite. Even when in Hi-Power Mode (High Gain Setting) I was almost maxing it out. However the amp can run them in balanced mode (which I have not tried) but you will need a special Y Cable 4-pin XLR to Dual 6.35mm TRS. It can drive dd's and iem's wonderfully though.

OP
CJG

CJG

Hey that's cool! If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts on the Topping A90D, A70 Pro, and Schiit Jotunheim? I'm in the market for an amp + preamp with balanced audio but it's hard to make my mind up. Currently I could pick up the Jotunheim for $400, A70 Pro for $430, or A90D for $520.
Sorry for the late reply. The Schiit Jot 2 has the most driving power despite the published numbers say. All the amp's are fantastic, but the Jot 2 can drive planar's to iem's with incredible dynamics.

desti

Sorry for the late reply. The Schiit Jot 2 has the most driving power despite the published numbers say. All the amp's are fantastic, but the Jot 2 can drive planar's to iem's with incredible dynamics.
Thanks for the reply! Originally I was going to do an A70 Pro + D70 Pro stack for a pair of Ananda Nanos, but I'm deciding against it for the Jotunheim + Modius stack with Arya Organics.

Reactions: CJG
Top Bottom