• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Navlefnuller

Nah. Just do your listening tests level matched and blind and see how you get on.
Off course I did blind tests, nearly cost me my marriage, making my wife do the switches without me knowing what I was listening too ;-)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Off course I did blind tests, nearly cost me my marriage, making my wife do the switches without me knowing what I was listening too ;-)
I don't believe you one bit.
It is obvious that you are just as polarized towards "measuring tells the whole story", as opposed to the hifi "nuts" you all love to bash at this forum. Arrogant and presumptious.
Arrogant and presumptious? I'm not sure if I translate these right in my mind, but the way I see it: a fairly new member who just registered on some objectivist forum, to say the same sh*t over and over:
"Measurements don't tell the whole story", "This poor measuring DAC sounds analog" and "I experienced many cables and the difference is night and day"

I wonder who is arrogant and presumptious right now.

Navlefnuller

I don't believe you one bit.

Arrogant and presumptious? I'm not sure if I translate these right in my mind, but the way I see it: a fairly new member who just registered on some objectivist forum, to say the same sh*t over and over:
"Measurements don't tell the whole story", "This poor measuring DAC sounds analog" and "I experienced many cables and the difference is night and day"

I wonder who is arrogant and presumptious right now.

If am just trying to add some nuance to a forum, where consensus seems to be that if it doesn’t measure right it must be a bad product. I find it arrogant, yes, that what many people consider a serious hobby, is sidestepped by a childish comment like “Uh huh. Now close your eyes” to a post I wrote in a serious tone, simply because I had “the nerve” to question a review based solely on measurements. I am not saying the review is incorrect, just that I believe, IMHO, that measurements isn’t everything.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If am just trying to add some nuance to a forum, where consensus seems to be that if it doesn’t measure right it must be a bad product. I find it arrogant, yes, that what many people consider a serious hobby, is sidestepped by a childish comment like “Uh huh. Now close your eyes” to a post I wrote in a serious tone, simply because I had “the nerve” to question a review based solely on measurements. I am not saying the review is incorrect, just that I believe, IMHO, that measurements isn’t everything.

And as I linked you on another thread where you posted the usual refrain of "but how does it sound" or similar, I pointed you to a 53 page thread discussing exactly this. Its been done, over and over and over and over.

Navlefnuller

And as I linked you on another thread where you posted the usual refrain of "but how does it sound" or similar, I pointed you to a 53 page thread discussing exactly this. Its been done, over and over and over and over.

Sorry, didn’t see that link.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, didn’t see that link.

No problem. Not trying to be hostile, but its probably better to take any discussion you want to have challenging the status quo on how this site and Amir does things to a contained thread , rather than individual review threads and these things tend to escalate quickly into the same old circular arguments.

It boils down to this - a limited set of measurements may indeed not indicate all the sonic properties of a device in all conditions, but any differences in sound can be measured if you do the tests where they would be shown.

Have a look at the thread about strange 3rd harmonics on the SMSL M500 DAC- its interesting.

But most cables etc, nah.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
As opposed to the lynch mob bashing...

For a while now I have a burning question... Are 'we' - the ASR contributors - a well-organized mob - with the agenda, [manifesto, leaders, well-oiled shadow funding...]? Or are we just a group of folks - come here to compare our views, and - thanks to common sense - often share those (and sometimes not)? I truly wonder...

Navlefnuller

Ha ha, no, I was just trying to make a point, as I find the negative tone against Audioquest a bit biased. But, I guess if the general consus is that e.g. cables do not make a difference, I am in the wrong forum.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha ha, no, I was just trying to make a point, as I find the negative tone against Audioquest a bit biased. But, I guess if the general consus is that e.g. cables do not make a difference, I am in the wrong forum.
Not necessarily. But anyone claiming cables make a difference better be prepared to detail how they reached that conclusion. How large a difference in how the signal is transmitted would there need to be for our ears to detect? And why? And if there is an audible difference, is it towards transparency or heading towards something else.

I'm sure a half competent EE could add things into a cable set up that makes audible changes. But then to say the change is an improvement? Worth $$$?

Navlefnuller

Not necessarily. But anyone claiming cables make a difference better be prepared to detail how they reached that conclusion. How large a difference in how the signal is transmitted would there need to be for our ears to detect? And why? And if there is an audible difference, is it towards transparency or heading towards something else.

I'm sure a half competent EE could add things into a cable set up that makes audible changes. But then to say the change is an improvement? Worth $$$?
I agree, the prices are inflated, but as I stated in my initial post, I have listened to all sorts of cables, and they went from being fatiguing ( often the ones with silver), to lacking in bass, and I didn’t even have to a-b test them to hear the difference.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree, the prices are inflated, but as I stated in my initial post, I have listened to all sorts of cables, and they went from being fatiguing ( often the ones with silver), to lacking in bass, and I didn’t even have to a-b test them to hear the difference.
That last sentence is the one that's going to get the attention.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

If you think that extraordinary claims should be accepted when asserted, no actual evidence needed, then yes, you're in the wrong place. Science works on evidence, not stories.

Navlefnuller

You guys are funny, so I must have been gaslightning myself to think that when I changed my solid core Monster cables, to some regular stranded copper cables, and reacted by thinking where the h… did that bass come from, it was pure imagination.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You guys are funny so, I must have been gaslightning myself to think that when I changed my solid core Monster cables, to some regular stranded copper cables, and reacted by thinking where the h… did that bass come from, it was pure imagination.
Sometimes the obvious is wrong. People used to think you catch a cold because of cold air. It took real knowledge and science to understand it is caused by a virus. Don't let your gut lead you all the time. It routinely lies to you....

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
You guys are funny so, I must have been gaslightning myself to think that when I changed my solid core Monster cables, to some regular stranded copper cables, and reacted by thinking where the h… did that bass come from, it was pure imagination.
We all gaslight ourselves all the time. It’s human nature to seek positive reinforcement even if we mentally manufacture it. You are not alone Sir. If you stay and open your mind to science and test data you will begin to see and understand.

Top Bottom