• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
"[Single-ended part to be continued]" can't wait to see the SE part @WolfX-700 ;) looks to be one impressive kit.
@amirm any chance you're getting one as well? @SHENZHENAUDIO this amp looks world-class
I hope we can. ;)
"[Single-ended part to be continued]" can't wait to see the SE part @WolfX-700 ;) looks to be one impressive kit.
@amirm any chance you're getting one as well? @SHENZHENAUDIO this amp looks world-class
Yes, we surely will do that. Thank you.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I'll tell you what. From what's out. Bal output has less noise comparing to A90. This is because the Bal out did not get converted back and forth. A90 did it from BAL to SE then SE to BAL. The question though is how they handle the BAL in SE out situation. This is quite difficult and almost impossible with the given from switch. Likely it's done directly using one arm from the XLR in. Gotta look into that further. More power than A90 but higher distortion with load.
Overall quite good. And exciting.

w1000i

Forum Donor
I'll tell you what. From what's out. Bal output has less noise comparing to A90. This is because the Bal out did not get converted back and forth. A90 did it from BAL to SE then SE to BAL. The question though is how they handle the BAL in SE out situation. This is quite difficult and almost impossible with the given from switch. Likely it's done directly using one arm from the XLR in. Gotta look into that further. More power than A90 but higher distortion with load.
You are right. SE just shared in l7audiolab.

5V No-load
SEDash5V-1024x560.jpg

32Ω 100mw。

SE32RDash-1024x560.jpg

32 s THD-N vs power
SETHDN-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level-1024x818.jpg

Joaquinín

Any info about input impedances (RCA and XLR)?
If you had two sources (new DAC with xlr out, old tuner with RCA out), and you only care for the Pre functions (never going to use the headphones), how does this compare with the Topping Pre90 or the SMSL SP400? I am thinking about an office system with a pair of active monitors (Neumann or may be Genelec). May be a passive Pre would be better? (I understand both Neumanns or the Genelecs only need very modest voltage, 0 or +4 dBu)
Thanks for your time.

Mikechw

There are no specs for output impedance..
Tube output stage ??

Joaquinín

There are no specs for output impedance..
Tube output stage ??
I think the "tubes" mentioned in the official info are in fact "transistors" (or simply "amplifiers" in a broad sense). It´s a typical mistake of automated translation. You can see that a lot in aliexpress.
There are more confusing parts in that official info. In one part it says it is class A, and later it says class AB. It also says it uses discrete parts, but then I think that "Rohm tube" is in fact an opamp? Very confusing...

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I think the "tubes" mentioned in the official info are in fact "transistors" (or simply "amplifiers" in a broad sense). It´s a typical mistake of automated translation. You can see that a lot in aliexpress.
There are more confusing parts in that official info. In one part it says it is class A, and later it says class AB. It also says it uses discrete parts, but then I think that "Rohm tube" is in fact an opamp? Very confusing...
Rohm transistor that is. Literally, Transistor = Crystal Tube in Chinese. Translation fail. They hand match each pair for the input differential pair to minimize distortion.
And the part of Class A/AB, it's a push pull output stage with 30mA quiescent current. So there's a region where the amplifier is in class A mode and after certain power/current, it transfer into class B (or class AB) mode.

Noodles

Topography looks nice from what is visible. Neatly arranged as well, power separated fairly well from the rest of the circuit.
Fingers crossed for the results and listening impressions.... that dynamic range is insane...

Last edited:

Mikechw

Just noticed A90's SE in / BAL out has better performance than BAL in / BAL out.
Should I connect my D90's SE out to A90's SE in ?
I also checked D90's BAL out seems to have better performance..

Top Bottom