• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just a little question here. How much do you care about the less ideal performance from 3255 3251 based amps? say comparing to 1et400a or nc400.
Is it because of the price? Or the small and convenient form factor? What is the ideal use case do you think of the 3255, Bluetooth, DAC integrated design? Or just relativelyhigh power in a small box with analogue in.

I vote for relatively high power in a small box with analog in ( No Volume Control).

Guerilla

If bluetooth then let it be one of the newer Aptx HD formats or it will allready be horribly outdated when it hits the marked.

Cheers!

TimW

Major Contributor
Just a little question here. How much do you care about the less ideal performance from 3255 3251 based amps? say comparing to 1et400a or nc400.
Is it because of the price? Or the small and convenient form factor? What is the ideal use case do you think of the 3255, Bluetooth, DAC integrated design? Or just relativelyhigh power in a small box with analogue in.

For me, I refuse to have a speaker system without the ability to EQ and do room correction and I use a miniDSP for that. For use with my miniDSP I would want a simple analog in (balanced and unbalanced preferred) power amplifier with auto-on and/or a 12V trigger input. Size does not really matter that much but it must look handsome and a built in power supply is preferred.

If you're going to make more of an integrated amp I want it to have almost everything built in. DSP is a requirement along with a sub out. Analog inputs along with USB, coaxial, and optical are all needed. The BT standard is constantly updated so I would be fine with its omission. Same goes for WiFi streaming, I would prefer to have the ability to update that as better options become available. There must be a display of some sort for indicating selected input, power, mute, and volume level. All of these things should be controllable via remote control. Again I would want this to be a good looking unit with built in power supply. Since it has the capability of being the only piece of electronics someone needs for a system, it would be nice if it is compact. That way it works for those with limited space.

The 3eAudio integrated amp ticks a few of these boxes but it is still missing many features. A Topping product that did everything above for 3 times the price of the 3eAudio would be amazing.

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
About the question where can bought AIYIMA A07, now we have inventory on eu amazon. You can buy it on eu amazon. But there is no power supply, you need buy it by another way.

Toku

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Lorenzo74

Just found this interesting new board from Class D Audio USA with the TPA3255 and XLR inputs.
Looks really interesting for me and did someone already tried it out?

https://www.classdaudio.com/ti-tpa3255.html

165$ Is too much for a 3255 even if with “coilcraft”... However if they will post some data that justify 3x the average price maybe my judgement may change..
an USA flag on the website doesn’t allow to increase retail price.
Thanks for posting, 3255 is great chip amp.
my Best
Lorenzo

Lorenzo74

For me, I refuse to have a speaker system without the ability to EQ and do room correction and I use a miniDSP for that. For use with my miniDSP I would want a simple analog in (balanced and unbalanced preferred) power amplifier with auto-on and/or a 12V trigger input. Size does not really matter that much but it must look handsome and a built in power supply is preferred.

If you're going to make more of an integrated amp I want it to have almost everything built in. DSP is a requirement along with a sub out. Analog inputs along with USB, coaxial, and optical are all needed. The BT standard is constantly updated so I would be fine with its omission. Same goes for WiFi streaming, I would prefer to have the ability to update that as better options become available. There must be a display of some sort for indicating selected input, power, mute, and volume level. All of these things should be controllable via remote control. Again I would want this to be a good looking unit with built in power supply. Since it has the capability of being the only piece of electronics someone needs for a system, it would be nice if it is compact. That way it works for those with limited space.

The 3eAudio integrated amp ticks a few of these boxes but it is still missing many features. A Topping product that did everything above for 3 times the price of the 3eAudio would be amazing.

let’s wait the 3e audio integrated amp based on 3255. If they come up with simple Ux leveraging on REW for EQ and sell on Ebay or Amazon they will rock!
My Best
Lorenzo

TimW

Major Contributor
let’s wait the 3e audio integrated amp based on 3255. If they come up with simple Ux leveraging on REW for EQ and sell on Ebay or Amazon they will rock!
My Best
Lorenzo
These amps use SigmaStudio for making DSP adjustments. I wouldn't call it simple per se, at least not compared to miniDSP, but it's not that bad. On the thread for these amps the OP shows how he used REW Auto EQ with the amp. I'm also looking forward to the TPA3255 version release.

simosm

We have tried to change the chip to OPA2134PA and LM4562NA on A07, the sound improved a lot, especially when LM4562NA is used.

It is recommended to use LM4562, which has a wide operating voltage range and ultra-low distortion.
LM4562 is a high-fidelity dual op amp introduced by National Semiconductor Corporation in recent years. Its distortion is very small, with only 0.00003% total harmonic distortion and noise (THD+N). In other words, the distortion of this op amp is almost negligible.
The LM4562 chip has the advantages of extremely low distortion rate, low noise, high conversion rate, wide operating voltage range and larger output current, and its performance is unprecedented. Because this operational amplifier has these advantages, it is suitable for professional and high-end audio systems, such as audio-visual system receivers, pre-amplifiers, audio decoders and high-fidelity power amplifiers, as well as various medical imaging systems and industrial equipment.
The design of the LM4562 chip is very unique, not only a built-in high-speed 6MHz unity gain bandwidth operational amplifier, but also a proprietary stereo audio driver amplifier. Under standard working conditions, the input noise density of this operational amplifier is as low as 2.7nV/√Hz, the noise corner of the intermediate frequency is up to 60Hz, the output current is up to 26mA, and it can drive a load of 600Ω. The conversion rate of the LM4562 chip is up to 20V/μs, and the gain bandwidth product is up to 55MHz.
The LM4562 chip can maintain stable operation within a supply voltage range of ±2.5V to ±17V, with a maximum output current of up to 45mA. When the chip is operated within the above-mentioned supply voltage range, the common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) of the input circuit are both as high as 108dB or more, and the input bias current is as low as 10μA (typical value).
So Aiyima suggests LM4562NA for A07 and OPA2604 for A04 as replacements?

Tangband

Major Contributor
We only test LM4562NA and OPA2604 for A07. Not test those for A04.
I have switched from ne5532 to lm4562 in Aiyima a04 tpa3251. The sound is a bit better with lm4562. Its a fantastic amplifier.

Right now there is people comparing Aiyima a04 tpa 3251 with a Rotel ra1592 and a Hypex nc400 amplifier. Its the ”new”version of Aiyima a04 with the green card .
The Aiyima a04 with opa2604 is sounding better than Rotel ra1592 , better bass and more clear sound, and theres no difference against Hypex nc400.
Read more here:
https://www.faktiskt.io/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=70688&start=360

Last edited:

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I have switched from ne5532 to lm4562 in Aiyima a04 tpa3251. The sound is a bit better with lm4562. Its a fantastic amplifier.

Right now there is people comparing Aiyima a04 tpa 3251 with a Rotel ra1592 and a Hypex nc400 amplifier. Its the ”new”version of Aiyima a04 with the green card .
The Aiyima a04 with opa2604 is sounding better than Rotel ra1592 , better bass and more clear sound, and theres no difference against Hypex nc400.
Read more here:
https://www.faktiskt.io/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=70688&start=360
Now we can provide the service to change NE5532 to LM4562 on AIYIMA A04 & A07.
If you need the service, please tell me.

nerone

Now we can provide the service to change NE5532 to LM4562 on AIYIMA A04 & A07.
If you need the service, please tell me.
Hi, I bought from Amazon.co.uk, how can you provide the service to change NE5532 to LM4562 on AIYIMA A04 and A07?
Thank you

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi, I bought from Amazon.co.uk, how can you provide the service to change NE5532 to LM4562 on AIYIMA A04 and A07?
Thank you
I am sorry, this is our newly launched service, because we need to replace the chip manually, so we need to replace it in China.

nerone

[QUOTE = "AIYIMA, post: 552648, member: 19745"] Mi dispiace, questo è il nostro servizio appena lanciato, perché dobbiamo sostituire il chip manualmente, quindi dobbiamo sostituirlo in Cina. [/ QUOTE]
I'm sorry I misspelled it, it's Amazon.it and not co.uk, so it's a service you don't offer to anyone

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
[QUOTE = "AIYIMA, post: 552648, member: 19745"] Mi dispiace, questo è il nostro servizio appena lanciato, perché dobbiamo sostituire il chip manualmente, quindi dobbiamo sostituirlo in Cina. [/ QUOTE]
I'm sorry I misspelled it, it's Amazon.it and not co.uk, so it's a service you don't offer to anyone
We only can replace it on China. If you need the op chip, we can sell it to you.

Ralferator

We only can replace it on China. If you need the op chip, we can sell it to you.

You sell original op amp chips? Or amps with the better op amp? Do you have them in your shop at aliexpress? I couldn't find them

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
You sell original op amp chips? Or amps with the better op amp? Do you have them in your shop at aliexpress? I couldn't find them
We do not sell original chips, we provide A04 and A07 to replace LM4562 OP Chip.

Top Bottom