• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

Chinny

Just plugged everything together and it's absolutely AMAZING. Confession - my previous interim set up involved RCA cables from a 3.5mm headphone jack on a TV as a source. Now I'm streaming via Tidal on my iPhone to the DAC.

@Ben1987 The following messaged came up on my iPhone and playback stopped: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported." I unplugged the phone and then tried again and everything worked again. Do you know what caused this?

MechEngVic

Well it's been two weeks since I ordered and over a week since receiving a tracking number and still no movement on the shipment. I guess it's true that shipments to the U.S. and especially the west coast (L.A.) are being delayed. Will keep updating.

spiritofjerry

Well it's been two weeks since I ordered and over a week since receiving a tracking number and still no movement on the shipment. I guess it's true that shipments to the U.S. and especially the west coast (L.A.) are being delayed. Will keep updating.

I ordered roughly 3 weeks ago, and the package should be here Tuesday. Patience. You did order something from overseas during a pandemic.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
I ordered roughly 3 weeks ago, and the package should be here Tuesday. Patience. You did order something from overseas during a pandemic.
Yes, arrive soon
Paul.png
Thanks for patience.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
The flight will be normal and I think you can get LA-QXD1 this week :)

I ordered roughly 3 weeks ago, and the package should be here Tuesday.

Literally same. US East coast here, expecting Tuesday because of Memorial Day on Monday.

Can anyone help me with an unrelated question: since the LA-QXD1 unit is powered by a 5v DC adapter, it is not grounded (5v DC adapters don't need grounding I believe). However, if I connect the LA-QXD1 through XLR to a grounded amp, then the LA-QXD1 can share this ground connection with the amp via the grounding line of the XLR right?

Also, any RFI/EMI or noise (from the mains or USB input) shouldn't be an issue because of XLR connections right?

Thank you

spiritofjerry

Literally same. US East coast here, expecting Tuesday because of Memorial Day on Monday.

Can anyone help me with an unrelated question: since the LA-QXD1 unit is powered by a 5v DC adapter, it is not grounded (5v DC adapters don't need grounding I believe). However, if I connect the LA-QXD1 through XLR to a grounded amp, then the LA-QXD1 can share this ground connection with the amp via the grounding line of the XLR right?

Also, any RFI/EMI or noise (from the mains or USB input) shouldn't be an issue because of XLR connections right?

Thank you

I don't think the grounding is the issue, even when using RCA. The review tests did not show any ground noise from RCA. Amir did mention something about optimal polarity of the 5v supply in his review which I asked him to clarify. You can follow that discussion in the official review thread.

spiritofjerry

SGD1 goes into standby mode after about 10 minutes on mute (when you're not listening to music to take a break or answer an important phone call).
LA-QXD1 has no standby function for the moment, and we will consider upgrading the software to implement it later.

Hey Ben, I wanted to revisit this. Any chance a standby mode can be implemented in software? Also, if so, would this turn off the LED lights? I would be using this in a bedroom, and would need to use electrical tape to cover the lights if there is not a way to conveniently standby the unit.

gvl

Major Contributor
@Ben1987, what is the output impedance of the LA-QXD1? Apparently the recently reviewed Topping A90 is best used with low output impedance designs.

Stephen

Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Patience. I received my two LA-QXDI in just 7 days in France, mind that customs play a role in the delivery process. I paid immediatly as requested by DHL the custom duties, meaning 'green light' for immediate local delivery. If you wait a bit too long, your parcel may be put in standby by the carrier 'for custom' reasons, process maybe longer then.
Ann is doing a tremendous job to satisfy all customers and Ben replies to anyone... I have never experienced such a good customer care/service from our local companies.

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
Patience. I received my two LA-QXDI in just 7 days in France, mind that customs play a role in the delivery process. I paid immediatly as requested by DHL the custom duties, meaning 'green light' for immediate local delivery. If you wait a bit too long, your parcel may be put in standby by the carrier 'for custom' reasons, process maybe longer then.
Ann is doing a tremendous job to satisfy all customers and Ben replies to anyone... I have never experienced such a good customer care/service from our local companies.
Moved! Thanks Stephen

Top Bottom