• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And I tried hard, really hard, to not post any listening impressions here, even after many requests by his majesty. Until they start digging in other threads and finding my posts from there. So you cannot blame me for that.

So you can refrain from posting listening impressions but you are unable to avoid making a racist slur about amir's name?

thyname

In the last line of the last paragraph:

"I am a sucker"

Congratulations for accepting your truth. Its part of the human condition to ultimately accept our truth.

‘Oh boy. How old are you? 15? Can you read beyond a tweet, or beyond the first couple of words of a phrase?

gikigill

And I tried hard, really hard, to not post any listening impressions here, even after many requests by his majesty. Until they start digging in other threads and finding my posts from there. So you cannot blame me for that.

Bullshit!!

We have requested measurements/data of its supposed superiority and you haven't given any.

Your flowery audiophile language of listening impressions is dime-a-dozen on the Internet.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Totally possible. But who cares. As long as it pleasures me, be it reality or hallucinating, that’s all I care.
Well, you seem to have used my name as some kind of evidence to prove your point of view in the other forum. So clearly you care that people believe you. It makes no sense that in front of me you don't dare to speak the same way. Why?

What are you trying to accomplish here? You are certainly not going to change my mind. And we are not sitting here together in my chair listening music together, so why does it matter how it sounds to me for you?
When someone is here without good intentions, I like to show them as such. You have done marvelously so far in that regard. If that is cool with you, then let's keep it going!

As to changing your mind, don't be silly. You are so forgone in audio subjectivity that you can't be helped. But we have many other people who read these forums and is good to show how weak your standing is that you are afraid to even share your opinion.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
‘Oh boy. How old are you? 15? Can you read beyond a tweet, or beyond the first couple of words of a phrase?

I can read what you wrote in the photo attachment you posted earlier. And so can everyone else.

AdamS

So are these audiophile Ethernet switches supposed to just improve sound streamed on the LAN, or from streaming services too?

thyname

Well, you seem to have used my name as some kind of evidence to prove your point of view in the other forum. So clearly you care that people believe you. It makes no sense that in front of me you don't dare to speak the same way. Why?

When someone is here without good intentions, I like to show them as such. You have done marvelously so far in that regard. If that is cool with you, then let's keep it going!

As to changing your mind, don't be silly. You are so forgone in audio subjectivity that you can't be helped. But we have many other people who read these forums and is good to show how weak your standing is that you are afraid to even share your opinion.

LOL! Share my opinion here... LOL!

But I get it. This exchange is not for me, as I cannot be “saved”. It is for others, so that they don’t get fooled. Ethan has told me the same thing many years ago. I get the rationale on what you guys do. And that’s OK. I am just a regular person, not an industry participant with nothing to sell, so I don’t really care and I have no horse on this race.

I practically begged you and Mr. Savage via PM to delete my account here a couple of weeks ago. You told me some “technical difficulties“ BS why you cannot delete it, but then I saw your reply to another dissident the other day, something like “keep you here and play with you“ sort of cat and mouse thing, so it hit me. Yet, I still fell for it. Lesson learned. You won’t see me posting here anymore. I simply ask your favor to revisit those “technical issues / nightmares“ and maybe you can figure out how to delete my account here? Thank you

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

But I get it. This exchange is not for me, as I cannot be “saved”. It is for others, so that they don’t get fooled. Ethan has told me the same thing many years ago. I get the rationale on what you guys do. And that’s OK. I am just a regular person, not an industry participant with nothing to sell, so I don’t really care and I have no horse on this race.

I practically begged you and Mr. Savage via PM to delete my account here a couple of days ago. You told me some “technical difficulties“ BS why you cannot delete it, but then I saw your reply to another dissident the other day, something like “keep you here and play with you“ sort of cat and mouse thing, so it hit me. Yet, I still fell for it. Lesson learned. You won’t see me posting here anymore. I simply ask your favor to revisit those “technical issues / nightmares“ and maybe you can figure out how to delete my account here? Thank you

You're not a dissident; don't flatter yourself. I do agree with you, though, about the utility of deleting your account.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am just a regular person, not an industry participant with nothing to sell, so I don’t really care and I have no horse on this race.
You own this box. What do you mean you don't have a horse in the race. And you definitely care, posting after posting.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

I practically begged you and Mr. Savage via PM to delete my account here a couple of weeks ago. You told me some “technical difficulties“ BS why you cannot delete it, but then I saw your reply to another dissident the other day, something like “keep you here and play with you“ sort of cat and mouse thing, so it hit me. Yet, I still fell for it. Lesson learned. You won’t see me posting here anymore. I simply ask your favor to revisit those “technical issues / nightmares“ and maybe you can figure out how to delete my account here? Thank you
What did you fall for? As my grandmother used to tell us kids when we were moaning about being bored " If you don't like it here don't come dear" ..

I don't understand what your point is, why you felt the need to come back and post worthless content that only purpose seems to be some kind of misguided self ascribed altruism, " I must save others from ASR and show the world how terrible they all are ".

So you have one of these devices , who cares ? Your money your choice right ! Yet you come here , post after post saying basically nothing but seemingly trying to achieve some mystery goal.

I will let in into a secret, no one here really cares what you do . We don't know you , hell it's a web forum so few of us know one another . Despite this you seem determined, without any self-control as evidenced by your request to be 'saved from yourself' and have us take responsibility for your actions by deleting your account to carry on this inane covert ranting post after post.

Logout, carry on your life and stop attention seeking on tiny little web forums . Have a bit of self control. I know it's hard but it's part of being a adult.

Wombat

Master Contributor
And, thus, the forum has come to this. :(:(:rolleyes:
smash.gif

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
So you can refrain from posting listening impressions but you are unable to avoid making a racist slur about amir's name?

For the sake of accuracy, wouldn't that more likely be an Ethnic slur?

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Relax. No offense intended. I only see the analogy now, after someone posted the full meaning, which I had to Google. It was one of those subconscious mistakes. Nothing malicious.

I should have just written “amirm”. Total lapse of common sense

Perhaps one way to apologise would be to remove the offensive post...

Top Bottom