• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quiz: what is this product?

Eirikur

It's not these, they're out of production
1575802816307.png

Why buy the optional knob? "Solid beech buttons with bronze inlet suiting the 6mm axe. The bronze achieves much better sound than any other metal or plastic. The wooden buttons may be had C37 lacquered or with black synthetic satin acrylic paint. Guess which one sounds best? "

Oh, a small hint for the OP riddle: it contains a "blackout powder super mix to absorb all EMI and RFI riding the element as well as ambient sources" - sounds a bit like a stoner on the wrong side of 'dinner'...

digicidal

Major Contributor
View attachment 41753

Why buy the optional knob? "Solid beech buttons with bronze inlet suiting the 6mm axe. The bronze achieves much better sound than any other metal or plastic. The wooden buttons may be had C37 lacquered or with black synthetic satin acrylic paint. Guess which one sounds best? "

Oh, a small hint for the OP riddle: it contains a "blackout powder super mix to absorb all EMI and RFI riding the element as well as ambient sources" - sounds a bit like a stoner on the wrong side of 'dinner'...
They're out of production!?! Oh no! I was totally saving up for one... now my system is gonna sound like crap for the rest of my life! :cool:

Not surprisingly... it received a fairly favorable review on EnjoyTheMusic... although considering the hyperbole usually unleashed there - it could almost be considered critical (they did state a single example where it wasn't "as good" as another linestage). Granted they didn't review the signature version, so I'm sure the beech knobs/case fix all the downsides. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hiten

A fus e?
The Nord tested had a Synergistic research one, so maybe that?
Not getting the bees knees hint though.

Very close.

Bees Knees is clever hint. one of the product uses the material and a little satirical use of word "bees Knees"
Another hint is if the product works for basic function one would blow his money and if doesn't then too. :)

Regards.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It looks like devialet propaganda;)

mansr

Major Contributor
This is a description of an audio product. See if you can guess what it is. Please don't google. :)

View attachment 41718
Let's see... push-pull, full-wave, and I-core are terms related to rectifiers and transformers, though I-cores are rarely used. Perhaps they meant EI-core. That could suggest it's a power supply of some kind. Then again, the rest is complete gibberish, so maybe they were just stringing together random tech words and accidentally a picked a few that were related. Odd that there's no mention of quantum anything. Everybody knows quantums make everything better.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That device also changes the archetypal wife's behavior for the better. She won't interrupt her vacuuming to ask "did you change something with the stereo?" anymore. It will be "did you change something with the stereo, honey?"

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 41753

There's a knob born every minute ....

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Blue-Tooth headphones?

Or maybe CERN upgrades the collider?

deafenears

Forum Donor
Wow, it's like someone built a list/dictionary of audiophile techno mumbo jumbo and then an algorithm to select a bunch from that list...

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Did they forget to mention how the beeswax clenses the electrons moving through it?

As we all know, according to the principles of Quantum Mechanics, electrons vibrate. If incoherent vibrations are not removed, this incoherence is transferred upstream to your pre-amp and can drastically increase distortion in the pre-amp outputs..

Last edited:

digititus

PS Audio power regeneration of somekind. I can literally see the snake oil oozing from the text.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Wait! Wait! I have a far better solution at only $39.95 each that does a much better filtering job without any risk of a blowing fuse leaving you in silence:

Stardrift 10-Pack 3mm Diameter Snap on Ferrite Core Bead Choke Ring Cord RFI EMI Noise Suppressor Filter for USB / Audio / Video Cable Power Cord Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015RAZTIA/

"The best lies always have a slight element of Truth.."

Top Bottom