• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quiz: what is this product?

JustPoo

This has to be a joke right? I just cannot fathom how this product isn't a hoax to see how many people will buy it.

https://highend-electronics.com/products/albat-amplifier-tuning-chips

2019-12-9_4-6-33~2.PNG

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This has to be a joke right?
No joke. Their fuses are sold on other sites and there are users attesting to miraculous results including veil removal, wife vouching for it, etc.

1575868345894.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No joke. Their fuses are sold on other sites and there are users attesting to miraculous results including veil removal, wife vouching for it, etc.

View attachment 41914
WOW, even fuses require a breakin period. I learn something new every day here. LOL

Celty

OK, all this makes me worry that my brand new XLR balanced headphone stand will be ridiculed. And I got it for only $399.00! :oops:

JustPoo

Why would you be ridiculed for a balanced stand? What good is it if it falls over?!

I can almost, almost, get my head around someone believing that anything in the circuit, even a fuse, might make a difference. To be honest, that's what most snake oil seems to rely on. It's in the circuit, or even near the circuit, people say it works and it's damned expensive; it works on audiophiles new and old.

You know when they say you couldn't make it up? I literally couldn't. I used to read a lot of science fiction but these guys make those authors look like rank amateurs.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
A fuse must never, ever make intermittent connection. That can be dangerous.

I have had fuse holders do this... they lost their clamping force.

pcb-fuse-holder.jpg

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OK, all this makes me worry that my brand new XLR balanced headphone stand will be ridiculed. And I got it for only $399.00! :oops:

If it's a wooden one you must put beeswax on it for a wider soundstage.

Surely if 'I-core' means 'iron core', it should really be 'Fe-core' to give it that scientific sound.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom