• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for small integrated amplifier with mm phono input

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What do you guys suggest ?

It’s going to be used in a small apartment with some old small 2 way speakers from QLN ( I think , I will get more info later ).
Small size and reasonable price are factors .

I was approached by a friend , I googled and realised that’s there are a lot of seamingly similar options ?

So if you know about some standout product that should be considered, please tell :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I am not exactly disagreeing with @Doodski above, but I am of the opinion that the 1060 is decidedly overrated. That said, I am of the opinion that all Chatsworth, CA/Superscope-era marantz components are decidedly overrated. :rolleyes::cool:

I did keep one of the two 1060s I had hung on to for a long time -- mostly because I knew I'd never use either one seriously, much less both -- so I sold the scruffier one (at an extremely reasonable price... at least by the standard of street prices for those things) and kept the less-scruffy one.

The scruffier one, photographed for posterity. :)
PS I did keep the one pair of factory pre/main jumpers I had... I don't think that's too heinous of me, is it?

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the idea was small. Something like this? Not much power (not clear how much you might want) but it looks like you can use it as a preamplifier if you decide you want more power later.

OP
M

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the idea was small. Something like this? Not much power (not clear how much you might want) but it looks like you can use it as a preamplifier if you decide you want more power later.
Project seems to have a whole series of small integrated , I will pass on the info to my friend .

OP
M

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ll get measurement of the shelf it’s going to sit on in a day or two , what’s not fitting properly now is one my old AVR’s I gave him .

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ll get measurement of the shelf it’s going to sit on in a day or two , what’s not fitting properly now is one my old AVR’s I gave him .
Ah if it is going on a shelf then keep in mind the Pro-jects have power bricks which might not be so nice in that setup. NAD of course has some options if size is not too limiting. The NAD C368 might be a good Class D alternative to the Yamaha Class AB. The Yamahas do seem like a good call if it can fit on the shelf.

OP
M

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The power brick can possibly be hidden behind the furniture so it will work , ive look at some more then

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The Yamaha 301/501 is indeed a great option, however, the phono stage is in my opinion, average. It overloads way too early (60mV@1kHz) and was the second worst in that regard in a test of about 12 or 13 I did recently.

Top Bottom