• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 19.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 364 76.3%

• Total voters

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just said that it is within Fosi's capabilities to produce an Amp with 100+dB SINAD via RCA in. Not that it's coming.
Fosi are working towards entry level nCore based amplifiers, and I would think those might be coming sooner than later because they may not need to do much other than casing, connectors, etc. probably looking similar to their new products.
Those might get very close to SINAD on single ended input, I would hope.

PE. This one got off topic, I am afraid.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks very good regardless of price. If you are going to need 2 of them, Just make sure to get separate power supplies. I heard they are bundling 2 of them with just one 48 V 10 AMP power supply( instead of 5 amp)which will probably defeat the benefits of the design of this product. Question, the XLR/TRS input is it really a Balanced input? Or just for purpose of more flexibility or amount of inputs?
A teardown of a power supply or two would be awesomeeee. @amirm. LoL... See what is going on in here under the hood. Testing of say the dual power supply and the single supply configurations<?> I wonder if they can be unscrewed into halves<?>

billymac

Right.
They are the only company i know, that actually listens to their customers, and gives them exactly what they desire, whithin a sensible timeframe. If this is disrupting a market, i want to see more of it. :cool:
I thought you were being flip on your previous reply. Maybe we share some common thinking though. Along the same lines, Eversolo seems to share some parallels and similar practices—at least listening/reacting to their customer base from what I’ve seen in a short time. Anyway, sorry to add to derail. Excited to receive my 2 ZA3’s and 2 V3M’s.

Last edited:

DavidM1

Measurements aside, can you honestly (=blindly) hear a difference?

No. I listened with good IEMs with my eyes closed, concentrating to hear when the different op amps changed. Quite honestly I couldn’t hear any point where they changed which at least is a tribute to how well the volume matching was handled. I’m familiar with how the brain creates difference when none exists from replicating a well known wine tasting experiment when I was a young marketing student. This is why I love ASR and also why I know people are strongly motivated to self reinforce after making a commitment such as purchasing and changing op amps.

drmevo

I bit on the Kickstarter earlier today, and got the 2 amp + 10A power supply bundle for 27% off. I’m curious if I’ll notice much difference vs. the Class D Pascal amp in my Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated. I was kicking around the idea of getting a Hypex amp but this seemed to make sense for my set up and is certainly more budget-friendly.

amix

Interesting!! - I listened to his audio samples using a FIIO FH9 IEM, I preferred the sound of the AMP A; this sound is more to my liking/taste.
I have never heard any differences in this guy's comparison, except today, even if it was just a tiny bit. I preferred candidate B.

YesChickenNuggets

I'm signing you up as a golden ear!

I can't hear the difference between 90 and 100.

That's kick ass!
You mock me Anton D, but perhaps only a few ASR members are here for the sound quality. I am here so that the Sinad on my amplifier can assuage the burning insecurity behind my minimal masculinity as a modern day beta-male. :D

ninetylol

How do you guys control volume with these monoblocks? Surely dont want to blast your speakers (and ears) with 250 watt on accident.

I mean there needs to be a failsafe on the source, or I wouldnt really feel comfortable.

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
These look good, but I can't think of any reason to replace a Fosi V3 with these for my office system. It already sounds great powering a pair of Sony SSCS5 speakers.

Top Bottom